Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UP ken stough Caboose

Default UP ken stough Caboose

P_Bay window Caboose

Repaint of bay window caboose from Mapleleaf Tracks SP Heritage 1 Pack.
    Ownership of SP Heritage 1 pack is required for shape file.

Credits:
    Original files and textures by Mapleleaf Tracks

Install Instructions:
    Unzip contents to temporary location. Copy and paste shape file C50-9.s from MLT_Freight folder into UP_Bay window Caboose folder.
    Rename shape file to UPC50-9.s
    Move the folder to your trainset folder,make a consist and enjoy!

These are the instructions. I followed them to the letter. It is the one that does not have the points thing even though I could not get it to work either. I looked in fourm tried those ideas still no luck. Yes I do have the MLT Sp pack 1&2 . I put C50-9.s from MLT_Freight folder into the UP_Bay window Caboose folder and get shape not found. What am I doing wrong? I see someone got it to work but I tried renaming the ace file and still no go. WOW any help would be welcomed. Thank you.

Original files and textures are the property of Mapleleaf Tracks.
    Repaint by Kent Stough
    sparkplug

The answer to your problem is in a previous thread. Just type UPC50-9 in the site search box. Hope this helps,

Regards Stewy

Thanks for trying. I Had looked that up and seen the same very thread but, oh well I tried everything in that renaming and uncompresssing renameing. Wheww I guess I will have to buy a UP caboose. I really wanted that WP one though. Again thanks for trying man.
    sparkplug

Forget about cutting and pasting the points section...do this instead (which was suggested in the threads - post#7 -"apco25")

"If you aren't comfortable or don't understand how to edit the shape file to remove the SP style roof details then don't. Copy the shapefile as directed in the readme from the MLT_Freight directory to the new caboose directory and rename it UPC50-9.s. Now to save yourself the shape file editing, rename the ACE file C509a. Kent likes to change the ace file names to match the specific repaint, but that requires shape file editing.

If you do want to edit the shapefile, use RouteRiter to do so. Uncompress, COPY and PAST the modified points section exactly, save and recompress.

MSTS is a case and character sensitive piece of software. C50-9 an C50_9 aren't the and will cause problems and that's a common typing mistake that people make when renaming. The .ENG and .SD files must all call for the same naming convention.

Something to consider when you're working with repaints from MLT and SLI its very easy to just look at the source directory to see what the .ace files are named and to rename any repaints included .ace files to be the same IF you don't want to deal with shapefile editing.

The clues and tools are right there for you to learn from. "

You still have to copy the .s file from MLT freight, rename it to match the .sd file, but then all you have to do is rename the ace file that comes with the repaint from UPc509a_24515.ace to c509a.ace and you're finished.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

What in the heck is so difficult?...total time expended on this, including download time, 3 minutes tops...I didn't do the "points" thing, but that would have been another 3 minutes..I did rename the shapefile and edit the image entry..Nice caboose...I'll use it...

SFCAN465.JPG
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Go ahead and laugh at me now, I cannot find the UP 509, searched MLT, UPC50-9, nothing UP shows in the library, can some one post the file name to DL.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Is this the one you're after Rick?

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=26881

Cheers
    Peter

I found 2 from the file library: up_baywindowcaboose.zip and upc509a_24515-1.zip.

Think I'll check out both.

Yep, thanks, do not know why I could not search and find it, THANKS...............
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

"upc509a_24515-1.zip" is the file being referred to....In the future, it would be helpful if the person having an issue with a download to list the filename in his post so those wishing to help don't spend a lot of time having to search for it!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!