Thread: Open Rails Sudden Closure

Default Open Rails Sudden Closure

Greetings,

When Running Open Rails this evening, the window suddenly minimized and this dialogue box popped up (see attachment). Has anyone seen this before and should I do an OR bug report? Thanks.
    Union Station Doc Photos004.jpg

Attach the Open Rails log.txt file.
    This should be on your desktop if you enabled logging.
    Gives LOTS (tons actually) of needed information to fix problems.

Download Manual.
    Print it out ( I took mine to Office Max and they put it in a really nice binder for 3 bucks) and read at leisure.
    This took me about a week. YMMV. Now you'll know all the good stuff about OR.
    regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Everything Vince, said.... and Did you try to resume from your last save. Did OR resume and run fine past the point where it last had a problem?

This may not be an OR bug, maybe something in sound files??....Need log.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi guys, thanks for replying. I ran OR from my last save with logging enabled and I still get the same error message. I also created a new path that approached the area from the opposite direction to see if it made a difference, to no avail. When I uploaded the log files, I got a message saying that their content exceeded the size limit. Therefore, if you go to the attached link, you will find the two log files available for viewing. Thanks again. http://czernigs.wix.com/open-rails-error-log

" . . . . snip . . . .approached the area from the opposite direction to see if it made a difference, to no avail. . . . snip . . . "
    This sounds like it may be a problem with the route. Read on on how to enable the Open Rails Log/***

Be careful WHICH logging you select.
    The DATA LOGGER at [Options] ==>[Data Logger] Tab should not be used except at the direction of support.

The warning a on the Data Logger selection screen applies.
    The Logger builds a dump file that can get HUGE. It sounds to me like you selected the wrong one.

The Right Stuff: ***
    On the opening OR panel down near the bottom are two Check Boxes below the [Options] button, Logging & Windowed.
    The Logging Box should be checked and will place an OpenRailsLog.txt file on your desktop every time you run OR.

If this is the log that you are referring to there are routes and rolling stock that CAN generate a log with lots of errors. If this is the case then it's gonna' take a careful reading through the log to flesh out what the problem is.

As to the Windowed Check Box:
    Your choice. Windowed mode may make it easier to recover from certain unknown hangs, stalls or whatever

The OpenRailsLog.txt file will be over written every time you run OR so if you need to save the log you should either 1, rename the file or move it off the desktop to another folder.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 10-25-2015 at 10:12 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Hi Vince, I agree that it does appear that the problem is with the route itself. Before posting this, I just ran a train over the problematic section of track in the part of the route as it existed before the merge and I encountered no error or crash. I plan now on re-starting the project from my last backup point, which consists of the two routes cleaned up and ready for the merge. (I should note that the test I just conducted occurred on one of these backups, so this seems like a logical place to start) Also, I don't expect to post any updates until the week's end as an account of real life. Hopefully we can get this problem resolved. Many thanks, Greg

Default Open Rails Error Message!

Good Morning. I am getting an error message on activities for the Horseshoe Curve Route! Here is an attached open rails log sheet that contains the error message. I am getting this on two separate activities but the same message. Please reply back to me and let me know about this. Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 1 in path E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Horseshoe\PATHS\NS 64D Player.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 2 in path E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Horseshoe\PATHS\NS 64D Player.PAT

Warning: Invalid path E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Horseshoe\PATHS\NS 64D Player.PAT for AI train : NS 64D Player ; train not started
    Regards,

Eric

The message about the "Invalid Path" should be investigated. Has this path ("NS 64D Player.PAT") worked OK in any other activities?
    Try opening the path in the "Trackviewer" program included with OR. If the status line at the bottom includes the term "broken", then that means that the path should be repaired.
    It is fairly simple to fix a broken path with the Trackviewer program.
    Sid P.

I did that and that fixed the paths and activity works fine.