Thread: Can't run MSTs above 680 x 440

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

Default Can't run MSTs above 680 x 480

Hello,

A problem has recently transpired in that I can't run MSTS at higher resolutions above 640 x 480. After I set the resolution to a higher value in the options, MSTS will crash to desktop when the route loading bar is halfway across the screen. I can only run MSTS at 640 x 480. I don't know what I did to cause MSTS to crash at higher resolutions. I followed the instructions at steam4me and at Train Sim to properly install MSTS on my PC with Windows 10. I don't have the PC in front of me, but I know that it has an AMD graphics card. I will get the exact model of the card when I get home this evening. The monitor that I am using with the PC supports resolutions up to 1440 x 900. Does anyone have a theory as to why MSTS is crashing at higher resolutions and a possible solution to solve the problem?

Thank you for your time and help.
    Last edited by erielackawanna; 11-04-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Hi erielackawanna,
    As you are running MSTS with an AMD graphics card under Windows 10, I suggest that either your PC uses an AMD A-Series CPU, or you have applied the fix published earlier.

Not being able to use resolutions above 640x480 would seem to imply that you're using the Windows default graphics drivers; have you tried installing the latest Win 10 drivers from AMD?

Sorry I can't be much more help, without further info.

Cheers,
    Ged

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

I have an ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card installed in my PC. There are no available updated drivers for this card with Windows 10.

Using the patch for ATI graphics cards by AMD described at https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...41#post1876141 I was able to get my AMD Radeon 6570 to display Train Simulator under Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by erielackawanna View Post
    I have an ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card installed in my PC. There are no available updated drivers for this card with Windows 10.
    Replace it with a low priced nVidia GTX 560Ti card if your mobo has PCI-E slots for it ?