Thread: MSTS Editors and Tools

Unhappy MSTS Editors and Tools

I re-installed Train Sim and the Editors and Tools app is missing. I searched the disks and it does not appear on either. Is there a way to reinstall them?
    I am running Windows 7 on a Dell laptop.
    Harry

Thanks. I was able to setup the shortcut, but when I clicked on it I got the following : Tools can only run at Desktop Resolutions of 1024 or greater. I tried several above that level with the same result.
    Any suggestions?
    hcoburn

Quote Originally Posted by hcoburn View Post
    Thanks. I was able to setup the shortcut, but when I clicked on it I got the following : Tools can only run at Desktop Resolutions of 1024 or greater. I tried several above that level with the same result. Any suggestions?
    Have you set your MSTS Display Options to 1024x768x16 ?

thanks to all. I have done all the things to no avail. I don't think Editors and Tools does not exist on this machine.
    hcoburn

Quote Originally Posted by hcoburn View Post
    thanks to all. I have done all the things to no avail. I don't think Editors and Tools does not exist on this machine.
    hcoburn
    If you have MSTS installed (the train.exe file exists in your setup, then the toolset does exist on your machine, you could be having a video card problem. The message "Tools can only run at Desktop Resolutions of 1024 or greater" is peculiar.

Are you using a laptop, what is the name and specs of the vid card?
    Does your shortcut target line read like this (path may be different, and memory parameter may be different)
    C:\1TS\train.exe -toolset -mem:2048

The path should point to the directory where your train.exe file is to be found.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

MSTSBin running its editors on my DELL 24" monitor set to display at 1920x1200 has no problems running them !