Thread: Lost Editor & Tools

Smile Lost Editor & Tools

I lost my Editor and Tools and received two different suggestions on getting it back. I noticed that in each of the threads the fact that Train Sim is was located in Programs where as in current operating systems it is located in Programs (-86). I am running Win 7, but I know for sure it it is this way in Win 10. Is there a fix that will work in Win 7 etc I Appreciate all the help I have received.
    hcoburn

Windows 7 as well as Windows 10 should be installed in folders other than those containing the word "Program" in accordance with the tutorial available at Steam4Me.

Quote Originally Posted by ckawahara View Post
    Windows 7 as well as Windows 10 should be installed in folders other than those containing the word "Program" in accordance with the tutorial available at Steam4Me.
    You mean to say that MSTS 32-bit programs should be installed in WIN-7+ into other than its "Program" folders ?

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    You mean to say that MSTS 32-bit programs should be installed in WIN-7+ into other than its "Program" folders ?
    To more more strictly correct, "MSTS 32-bit programs should be installed in Vista+ into other than its "Program" folders

Install per this guide will give you a stable installation for running MSTS.

http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/installing_msts.html

The windows protected program folders cause problems for older programs like MSTS.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 11-13-2015 at 11:52 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I installed the program per the tutorial. When I clicked on the Editors and Tools I got a message that it will only run on a screen of 1024 X 786 which was what my screen is set.
    hcoburn

Isn't there another forum topic with the same issue? Check your screen resolution, the MSTS display setting, the bit display, and driver control panel.

In case it has not been mentioned in this thread, a Desktop Shortcut like shown below is required, showing the path to the MSTSBin Train.exe to be used !

There are TWO places you need ot set resolution.
    1. Right clicking a blank area of the desktop should get you a menu with a way to configure your video hardware.

2. Opening the MSTS simulator (not the editors) go to Options and navigate to the video settings (there are to panels to look at) anf make sure the setting there are at least 1024 x 768 x 16. They can be larger but NOT smaller than that size.

I suggest making the screen resolution bit setting to be 16 bit rather than 32 bit because the 32 bit setting is the subject of numerous form posts that cause the editors to crash.

So to recap; set DESKTOP (computer) resolution to 1024x768 or larger. Usually today your monitor setting is already at a larher setting and this is good.
    Then be sure the MSTS Video Options are at least 1924x768x16.
    regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

More specific: