Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New commercial provider in Germany

Weekly report calendar week 44

Webshop in progress

So, the webshop is now also bought and must now be set up. Of course, that will work tomorrow, but I will do that too.

Activity package split for PT 25

As the PT 25 line allows a variety of freight train activities, there will be two winter packages.

Rail buses are also used

At the beginning of 1994 rail bus sets were used on the upper Lahntalbahn on the section Marburg - Erndtebrück, while on the section Erndtebrück - Kreuztal V 100 with Silberlingen. This is true to the original.

Please, visit my Fahrt frei page and my Fahrt frei group on Facebook.

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Weekly report calendar week 46

Further progress with PT 31

Piece by piece, work on the activity package for PT 31 is progressing. Soon the passenger train activities will be finished and the work on the freight train activities will begin.

Progress also in PT 25

Passenger train activities for PT 25 have also progressed so far that they can be started for the first time.

Anniversary at the next weekly report

On 24.11.2019, the introduction of the weekly reports for the first time. This will be reported in detail.

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Weekly report calendar week 47

Weekly reports for a year!

On November 24, 2018, for the first time, I published a weekly report for calendar week 47. That day is exactly a year ago and a lot has happened since then.

Thanksgiving

First of all, I would like to thank everybody, who encouraged me in my will to do my work for the MSTS, or OR, and not to give up, as others seem to have done long ago.

In addition, a special thank you goes to all the positive reaction from abroad. My thanks go to France, England, Poland, the Czech Republic, Spain, the USA and not to forget Australia. I never thought that my work would one day reach such a great reach.

Thanks to you all!

What was achieved?

In the first quarter, work on the repaint projects was finally completed. This has been achieved that finally repaint are available, which replace most of the outdated GR models and in many areas only insufficiently available rolling stock are added. Of course that does not mean there will be no repaints in the future. If there are other ways to make repaints I will use them as well. Overall, however, a basis was created with which you can finally conduct extensive and credible activity.

What's in the works?

Since the spring, I have concentrated more and more on the activity construction, whereby repeatedly received information about the original company to be presented have delayed my work again and again. But since this serves to improve the realism, one can certainly develop understanding for it. The idea of ​​letting people drive at fantasy times has always been a thorn in my side. Meanwhile, I also get more and more course book excerpts, with which the real timetables can be displayed. Also, the available original weather data from the respective regions are a great help to adapt the weather to the season in which the tasks play, and thereby to create even more realism.

Likewise, the goal of building up tasks is gradually being continued by introducing different characters to stimulate activities. First of all, traders were introduced to encourage the passenger trains at the stations. In the following, of course, also all other people of the railway operation will be added gradually. The invention of different people, with different names and characters is not easy, but makes the tasks much more realistic.

What's in the works?

Of course the activity packages themselves. But I am confident that I will soon be able to deliver the first package to the beta test. Many activity packages have been started and many will have to be reworked due to newly added coursebook data. But that serves realism. That is also the reason why the work on the activity packages for the North German routes in the summer of 1994 has still not progressed. But even this problem is overcome.

What's next year?

Next thing will be added, something that has not been done before. As you know, the product maintenance for Windows 7 ends in January 2020. Officially, only Windows 10 is supported, which is known to cause various problems. In particular, additional programs that are required for work at the MSTS or OR are sometimes no longer executable. Added to this is the difficulty that there are forced updates for Windows 10, which are in danger of causing problems again. Therefore, solutions must be brought about that not only eliminate these annoying problems, but also lead to the independence of the simulation in the long term.

Webshop

As soon as my first package is ready, I set to build and open my webshop. I hope this will be the case before Christmas.

Open rails

From 2020 I will devote more time to the OR and to provide for an integration of my repaints for the OR. This is to achieve an improved transition to OR.

Linux

As the displeasure over the behavior of Microsoft towards the users becomes more and more bold, I will participate in the development of an OR version for Linux. The same applies to corresponding additional programs.

Rollingstock

Another topic I will be dealing with starting next year is the construction of rolling stock. Of course I will have a lot to learn, but I am determined to acquire these skills so as to make a contribution here as well. My work will focus on the OR right from the start.

So, in contrast to the last weeks reports, this time there was much more to report. And of course it continues with the weekly reports.

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Supplement for the n-wagons for PT 27 available

Necessary addition

I know that after two skipped weekly reports, the report for calendar week 50 should have come first on Sunday and then on Monday and now we have Wednesday. But you can see that I am not out of the world and work for you.
    In the course of researching the task packages for PT 25, PT 27 and PT 31, there were some findings that led to the fact that I had to correct various errors. For example, thought that local passenger transport on the Vogelsbergbahn was served at the beginning of 1994 with 628s. Instead, it was operated with V 100 and n cars until 2000. This also applied to the trains that only ran from Gießen or Fulda to Alsfeld. Here are pictures of the essential additions.

Standbild327.jpg
    Standbild329.jpg
    Standbild330.jpg
    Standbild331.jpg
    Standbild332.jpg

The supplemented package is now available under the following link.

PT DBAG Silberlinge Ergänzung 1

You can also access the package via the link list here on my page. Here is the link to the list again. There you can also download all other locomotive and wagon packages.

Link Liste

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Merry Christmas!

I wish you all a happy and contemplative Christmas!

Frank Stendel

Annual balance 2019

A lot has been done

On January 2nd, 2019 the package with the 194s came out.

The package with the 210s came out on 03.01.2019.

On January 5th, 2019, a package with passenger coaches for DB and DBAG was released.

On January 9th, 2019 the package with the n-cars for PT 12 and 20 came out.

On January 15, 2019, the package for exchanging the 110, 140 and 141 from GR was released.

The package with the V 60 for DB and DBAG was released on March 15th, 2019.

On March 27, 2019, the package with DR passenger coaches came out in service of DBAG.

On April 14th, 2019 a package with n-cars and coaches of the DB, DR and DBAG came out.

The extended supplementary package for the V 100 of the GR was released on April 19, 2019.

On December 17th, 2019 an extension for the n-wagons for PT 27 came out.

A lot is in the works

On October 1st, 2019 I secured the domain fahrt-frei.fr.

On November 1st, 2019 I opened my webshop, which still has to be set up.

The activity packages for PT 11, 13 and 21 as well as for PT 6 for DBAG could be advanced considerably.

The winter packages for PT 25, 27 and 31 were also advanced.

Much still needs to be done

To make a long story short, everything that has not yet been completed must be completed. That is my stated goal for 2020.

Finally, I wish you all a happy and successful 2020.

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Weekly report calendar week 1

It goes on!

As soon as the new year has started, work is back on track. It is time to make further improvements with additional strength.

A few words about the latest announcement at GR

On December 23, 2019, the head of GR reported on the progress of the work after only one and a half years. Its type of formulation is remarkable. Again there is no information about the publication of the Höllentalbahn and the revised rolling stock. The mistakes of the stretches of the 10-year DVD, which I already saw in 2014 in the GR forum, are still not mentioned. It shouldn't be a problem for an experienced track builder to fix the errors. But nothing happens. Since it is reasonable to assume that these errors will not be remedied in the indirect future, another path must and will be taken.

Aid from overseas

In the United States there is the Forum Elvas Tower. This forum is special in that it is the official point of contact for the developers of the OR. The handling there is friendly and is characterized by helpfulness. I will make contacts there with route builders with whom I intend to update the errors of the routes on the 10-year DVD, which will then be published here for free about the journey.

New repaint projects

At first I thought that there was nothing left to do as a repaint. But this is not the case. Since the package with the V 60 was quite successful for the German Federal Railways and DBAG, it will become additional packages in the same way. Here I will devote myself to an area that I have only dealt with once and only in the form of conversion instructions. It's about the steam locomotives from GR. The advantage is that there are only a few labels to change and they are also combined on a single texture. During my time at GR, I already made numerous repaints of this kind, which is why they can now be published quickly.

Which repaint packages will there be?

Here is a list of the packages to be released. The list is preliminary and can become even more extensive.

DB class 01.10 and 01.10 oil of epoch III
    DB class 011 and 012 from epoch IV
    DB class 03.10 of epoch III
    DB class 23 of epoch III
    DB class 023 from epoch IV
    DB class 38 of epoch III
    DB class 038 from epoch IV
    DB class 41 oil of epoch III
    DB class 042 from epoch IV
    DB class 44 and 44 oil of epoch III
    DB class 043 and 044 of epoch IV
    DB class 50 of epoch III
    DB class 050, 051, 052 and 053 from epoch IV
    DB class 78 of epoch III
    DB class 078 of epoch IV
    DB class 86 of epoch III
    DB class 086 from epoch IV
    DB class 94 of epoch III
    DB class 094 of epoch IV
    DR class 44 of epoch III
    DR class 44 of epoch IV
    DR class 56 of epoch III
    DR class 58.30 from epoch III
    DR class 58.30 from epoch IV
    DR class E 94 of epoch III
    DR class 254 from epoch IV

As you can see, there is a lot to do for me when it comes to repaints and for you again numerous packages with additional rolling stock.

Progress of the work on the activity packages

Regardless of the upcoming projects, work on the activity packages will continue unabated.

I hope you like these announcements.

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Weekly report calendar week 2

Pictures instead of words

It is time again to present visible results. That's why I'm showing you pictures of some of the upcoming repaints. If there are strange lighting conditions in one or the other picture, it is not related to the model, but to SView.

The pictures can be viewed at this link.

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Supplement for the n-wagons for PT 13

Another necessary addition

Since I recently received the excerpts from the course book for PT 11, 13, 21 and 6 for the beginning of 1994, this gave me the opportunity to show considerably more connections on the PT 13 route than just Hamburg-Altona - Westerland (Sylt), which is why it became necessary to offer n-wagons with suitable train route signs or train destination displays also for these connections. Here are the connections that have been added.

Hamburg-Altona – Itzehoe

Itzehoe – Hamburg-Altona

Hamburg-Altona – Husum

Husum – Hamburg-Altona

Husum – Westerland (Sylt)

Westerland (Sylt) – Husum

Niebüll – Westerland (Sylt)

Westerland (Sylt) - Niebüll

The pictures can be viewed at this link

The supplemented package is now available under the following link.

PT DBAG Silberlinge Ergänzung 3

You can also access the package via the link list here on my page. Here is the link to the list again. There you can also download all other locomotive and wagon packages.

Link-list

Until next time

Frank Stendel

Weekly report calendar week 3

More repaints

Since I received further excerpts from the course book for the beginning of 1994, this gives me the opportunity to manufacture and offer further n-wagons for PT routes. First, the following train connections are added.

PT 7

Frankfurt Hbf - Hanau Hbf
    Hanau Hbf - Frankfurt Hbf
    Frankfurt Hbf - Aschaffenburg Hbf
    Aschaffenburg Hbf - Frankfurt Hbf
    Hanau Hbf - Aschaffenburg Hbf
    Aschaffenburg Hbf - Hanau Hbf

PT 11

Hamburg-Altona - Neumünster
    Neumünster - Hamburg-Altona
    Kiel - Neumünster
    Neumünster - Kiel

PT 12

Freiburg (Brsg.) Hbf - Basel Bad Bf
    Basel Bad Bf - Freiburg (Brsg.) Hbf
    Offenburg - Freiburg (Brsg.) Hbf
    Freiburg (Brsg.) Hbf - Offenburg

PT 14

Treysa - Gießen Hbf
    Gießen Hbf - Treysa
    Treysa - Frankfurt Hbf
    Frankfurt Hbf - Treysa
    Marburg - Gießen Hbf
    Gießen Hbf - Marburg
    Marburg - Frankfurt Hbf
    Frankfurt Hbf - Marburg
    Gießen Hbf - Friedberg (Hess.)
    Friedberg (Hess.) - Gießen Hbf
    Gießen Hbf - Frankfurt Hbf
    Frankfurt Hbf - Gießen Hbf

PT 24

Kassel Hbf - Bebra
    Bebra - Kassel Hbf
    Bebra - Frankfurt Hbf
    Frankfurt Hbf - Bebra
    Kassel Hbf - Bad Hersfeld
    Bad Hersfeld - Kassel Hbf

The supplements are integrated into the supplementary packages that are already available. That has already happened today with the additions for PT 13. Over the next few days, I will also receive the course book excerpts for the PT routes for summer 1994. This will finally make it possible for all local trains on the PT routes with the correct travel times in the Period 1994. Thanks to the weather data from wetteronline.de, the weather of 1994 can also be shown to the day for many PT routes.

Further repaint projects

In addition to the n-wagons mentioned here and the GR steam locomotive repaints mentioned above, there will also be a few track-related locomotive repaints. So there is still a lot to do. But little by little I will do all this work and let you benefit.

That should be it for today again.

Until next time

Frank Stendel