Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norfolk's BIG MAC's

Default Norfolk's BIG MAC's

Hi all,

i want to repaint a few SD80MAC of Norfolk Southern.
    My question is. Which already exist as freeware and payware, lest I come into conflict with others.
    If are interested is, there are 8 - 10 locomotives.

Here are the first two (not 100% ready).

Best Regards, flanker
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by flanker View Post
    i want to repaint a few SD80MAC of Norfolk Southern.

(SNIP)

Here are the first two (not 100% ready).
    flanker,

Those are looking nice so far...

My question is. Which already exist as freeware and payware, lest I come into conflict with others.
    I don't understand what you are trying to ask here...

You have already been working on two repaints...and I assume that you already know if the shapes you are using for your repaints were originally freeware or payware... So... What is your question?

If are interested is, there are 8 - 10 locomotives.
    Again, I don't quite understand what you are talking about...

First, I am sure many of us would be interested in your repaints...

I thought you have only done two so far... are you saying that you are planning to create a total 8 to 10 repaints?
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

Hi Mc Dermuth,

is it a problem, if i paint a exist SD80MAC a second time or not?. This is my question.

Bring them on. The more sd80's the better. I've always loved those locos, even though most of the ones I've seen have been CSX.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Hello, flanker

In regards to if you use somebody's repaint that already exists? That would depend on you having permission. If all you do was take somebody's repaint and change the number, for example. That's so little effort that it wouldn't be fair to call your own work -- but if you had permission from the previous source of the repaint, it would be just fine. And some sources (such as streamlines) do give blanket permission without you even needing to ask. Other repaints, you would have to ask the author and then abide by their wishes. Many would say yes, but not everybody. It's a matter of respect to those who created before you.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    Bring them on. The more sd80's the better. I've always loved those locos, even though most of the ones I've seen have been CSX.
    NS traded their SD40-2's with CSX for their SD80's, about a dozen. Now numbered 7217 to about 7229. All 7200 series SD80's are originally Conrail units.

Rich

If i understand correctly the OP is asking what numbers already exist as repaints in order to make sure that any he does are different numbers to any currently existing units in this or any other file library.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 3.25TB HDD's.

For what it's worth, I once uploaded duplicate numbers without knowing it in advance. Nobody else noticed either. When I found out, I was chagrined: I had "wasted" all that effort (I felt). No harm done, though and nobody's ego was hurt, so far as I know.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbern View Post
    If i understand correctly the OP is asking what numbers already exist as repaints in order to make sure that any he does are different numbers to any currently existing units in this or any other file library.
    Exactly, that's what I mean. burgerbern has understood my bad english :-).

Exactly, that's what I mean. burgerbern has understood my bad english :-).
    Hi Flanker, What models are you using? Locomotives, whatever their number, change as they get dirty, paint fades, liveries get modified etc. No one here "Owns a number" because they repainted it? Even if it's done before some people might prefer your version? Many NS repaints in the library are TOO dark for my liking. A matter of taste?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK