Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak P42 Pack 3

Default Amtrak P42 Pack 2

It's been almost 4 years since the release of my original P42DC set here and in that time plenty of things have happened. With deciding to release things again, I have also decided to make a second pack of phase V P42s, which as before, will include 20 locomotives. In this run however, I have taken things to the extreme. I'm not just fixing them up and repainting a few things, I've set out to completely make my own textures to erase the old 3DTS textures. I've spent the past week or so super-detailing them and drawing textures over the old 3DTS ones. I still have a lot left to do on them so some things may be missing or seem way too clean for what they are. My current expected release is around Christmas. Below are some screenshots of the progress I have made so far.

And to think all of this stems from my original project all those years ago when I did my first P42DC pack.

Last edited by SantaFe801; 09-06-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Real nice work, Nash!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Really nice work! Mr. Nash you are a true artist!

Not a criticism, but the area around the rear screens is always far too clean. By the time one of these gets away from the wash rack, that is one area that "dirts up" quickly from the air flow.

This is an excellent job of repainting existing 3DTS locomotives to a much better standard. Things in this portion of the hobby are changing faster and for the better far faster than anyone would have predicted 5-6 years ago!

Again well done!

Hey Santafe801, very, very fine art.

flanker
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Michael

Fantastic work!
    -Mike

I think 3dts P42 is very nice, but the space between headlight is a little narrow.
    Last edited by mg123; 12-13-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mg123 View Post
    I think 3dts P42 is very nice, but the space between headlight is little narrow.
    Both the SLI and the 3DTS models have their flaws, but for me I personally still prefer the 3DTS model even if the nose details are a bit too close together.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Really nice work! Mr. Nash you are a true artist!

Not a criticism, but the area around the rear screens is always far too clean. By the time one of these gets away from the wash rack, that is one area that "dirts up" quickly from the air flow.

This is an excellent job of repainting existing 3DTS locomotives to a much better standard. Things in this portion of the hobby are changing faster and for the better far faster than anyone would have predicted 5-6 years ago!

Again well done!
    Thanks! By the time the set is ready to release, nearly all of the units will be much more dirtier and beat up than how they look in the shots posted. I'll probably have one looking like this piece of work or maybe even worse.

That is how they look!! Any time I have seen locomotives of any road actually doing work, they look like that.

Fresh paint and such is nice, if you want to place them at the finish of a scrub wash rack, but as soon they power up to speed with a train they kick up all sorts of dust and dirt, or even snow.

Absolutely fantastic! Great job!
    Last edited by Don6218; 12-13-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks again, Don!

The P42s have reached the final stage of textures and I've begun to make copies and weather them. I have also come up with a list of what units will be included, although it could still be altered later on.

A few pics of some of the weathered unit's progress before modifying and exporting the FAs for a final time and packing them up.