Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak P42 Pack 3

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    That is how they look!! Any time I have seen locomotives of any road actually doing work, they look like that.

Fresh paint and such is nice, if you want to place them at the finish of a scrub wash rack, but as soon they power up to speed with a train they kick up all sorts of dust and dirt, or even snow.

Absolutely fantastic! Great job!
    Totally agree Don. I think the posters of "Pristine" models are harking back to real model trains before the hobbyist started weathering them? Research ANY wagon or loco image and up comes a load of pictures of models. Some of these look so toy like and the accuracy of their colour schemes is sometimes verging on ludicrous. Sadly some of this phenomenon makes it into uploads here too.... ...still "horses for courses" ?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

The weathering on those locos is outstanding! Each to their own & all that, but I just love seeing locos that have differences beyond their road numbers. That is really outstanding work.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Outstanding!

Yes! Outstanding work!

Will these units include a new soundset as well?

Yes, as with all the others I intend to have a soundset to accompany them. It will probably be released a little earlier than the P42s will since I've run into some complications that set things back farther than I'd like.

Very nice work! The dirtier the better

Texture work has slowed down greatly due to PC issues with trying to move from one computer to a new one but the sounds are almost ready. I've made a quick video showing some of the cab audio. I'll try to make a more detailed video later on showing the more of the inside and outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFcAbdiYPc

Getting back into things with the P42 set after a very disappointing canceled move to a new computer which was supposed to speed things up, but instead brought them to a halt. Here is a quick update shot of the F/A itself, showing the progress of the new coupler being mapped. Large checkers are the mapped bits and the tiny checkers are the areas that have yet to be mapped. Once the F/A has reached it's final stage and all variants have been built and exported, I'll get back to making more units and later finish prepping the soundset to go with them.

How r things going? I'm anxious as to when these will be released!