Thread: Utility to change MSTS RE screen size

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

Default Utility to change MSTS RE screen size

Hello,

A few years ago, someone, whose name I forget, sent me an utility to automatically change the size of the MSTS RE window. I don't remember the name of the program, which I no longer have on my computer. I would like to use the utility again. Does anyone know the name of the program and, if so, how I can obtain a copy of it?

Thank you for your time.

Check out this older thread; Zero Dump works A-OK for me: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...on-full-screen

Hope This Helps:

Jeff M.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sending me the link to the thread. The utility discussed in the thread isn't the one I was looking for, but thanks anyways for your help.
    Last edited by erielackawanna; 12-12-2015 at 05:02 PM.

MSTSmanager that comes with ConBuilder will change the RE window size. I've seen the program you mention, but could not find the link to it, I thought I had a copy on a back-up drive, I'll have to get it online to find it.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

If you go over to UK Trainsim there is a general MSTS utility bundle which contains MSTS SCRZ. This is a simple programme that resizes the window, up to 1024 x 768. I presume this applies the registry hack but on my laptop at least it never sticks and I have to run the utility each time I start the old RE up.

Note UKTS is a bit more awkward to download from if you're not a premium member (often long queues) but can purchase a month's membership fairly cheaply.
    Vern.

The Steam4me tutorial:

http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/rew_size.html

Have increased the RE window size to almost fill my 1920x1200 monitor by fiddling with the settings.

Z-dump works with the AE but has to be set each time of use.

Harold

I think the program you are looking for is MSTSFix.

For some reason it has been taken out of the library here, and I can't find it anywhere else.

My copy does not want to run any more; don't know why. When I start it I get "MSTSFix has stopped working" as an error message.
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

This is a link to the page describing the file I mentioned at UKTS. (NB: Not a hotlink, just the page).

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-in...rm_fileid=9685

msts-scrz is contained within the sub-zip msts-pro.

A shame it can't be posted here as, while accepting UKTS needs subs to stay afloat, their non-premium service is very slow and cumbersome as even if you only want a 500kb file, you need to queue behind those trying to download 500Mb files for TS2016 for free!
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 12-13-2015 at 09:58 AM.
    Vern.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help. MSTSFIX is the program that I am looking for.