Thread: Train Sim 2016, 3rd party Routes and addons?

Default Train Sim 2016, 3rd party Routes and addons?

Well, Ive been thinking recently about getting back into the train sim thing... as my last bout with it was MSTS. While still loved by many, it's simply too outdated for me at this point. That and having to download the many many fixes and patches; it just gets old. Anyways, before I dive into this TS2016 I was hoping to get a few links to where all the main 3rd party download will be at? Kinda like the file library here. I have noticed it seems to have only items for railworks, so will these work with 2016 or not? Ill need more than Sherman Hill and the Norfolk Coal District. Thank you in advance for the info
    I have returned to TSing and to TS.com.

Some of the best Freeware is on my web site and when it says Railworks that usually means that it will run in its latest version TS-2016 !

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloads/

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloads-various/

Some require DTG routes to be installed !

I disagree. Some of us "third party vendors" don't like giving away seventy percent of our sales to a company that has no idea what customer service entails. And given the recent fubar concerning the mixing of accounts on Steam, I feel less inclined to sell anything there either.

Virtual Rail Creations - http://vrailcreations.net - for you folks in the U.S.A. VRC items are available at Trains and Drivers for simmers outside the U.S.

And then there's Railworks America.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Codger View Post
    And then there's Railworks America.
    Is it compatible with DTG's TrainSim or is it a separate product?

I viewed their site and the idea of a Shay powered logging route is intriguing.

Railworks America is all about DTG's TrainSim. That's what the website and forum were created for.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Codger View Post
    Railworks America is all about DTG's TrainSim. That's what the website and forum were created for.
    So it is compatible and can be purchased through Steam.

Thank you.

Railworks America is a free site. All downloads are free except for a few Donationware packages that help keep the place running on a dedicated server. I believe it is the largest collection of US Railworks freeware on the net. We have nothing to do with Steam.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors