Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Environment and color oversaturation

One thing left, figure out which of these settings does the fog color;

That lavender would delight Liberace, but don't look right for a trainsim. Gotta be in the settings because the fog does look gray at noon, why it's lavender at 10 is a mystery so far.

Never seen the lavender fog Jim, mine is always just "fog colour".

Found the little culprit.

If you click on the sky preview you just get the upper sky color, you have to click in the lower part of that window - then a horizontal line appears and you're editing the lower sky color, which is the horizon and the fog color. Click anywhere in the upper half of that window and the line disappears, now you're editing the upper sky again.

I knew that about the upper and lower sky dome thanks Jim.

All academic anyway buddy, TANE-SP1 and all stored Trainz content was deleted earlier today.

Biggest pile of horse manure, ever passed off as "a new era".

Mike.

Default But don't get me started on that!

Can't recall the last time I had railworks (whatever they're calling it now) installed, but I think it was before the "new technology" fiasco. AI traffic is on the top of my list for what I need out of a trainsim, and last I heard RW was still a "Take these passengers to holiday on British commuter rail" simulator. Any AI train is running on a separate track from the player, because to set up an actual meet requires 17 hours of fiddling and debugging to work at all, then it collapses like a house of cards if the player doesn't hit the spot at the exact scheduled minute.

So yeah, I'm not happy with Trainz, it does indeed suck - but for my purposes it sucks less than the alternatives so I'm stuck with it until something better comes along.

TANE is probably the worst train game ever due to its over-hype.

But if you turn off all the NewEra dysfunctional crap and have the DRM free version it is a good game.

Probably the best Trainz ever. Not saying much like saying you are the smartest politician.

With all the NewEra stuff turned off on my AMD FX-8350 8GB ram GTX960 computer everything runs at 60 FPS.

Was lucky to get 35-40 FPS running TS12.

Get 82FPS on Derrmy's EK3 switched over to Speedtrees with the v-sync unbridled and 10000m draw distance:

Have replaced the ugly Speedtrees in the foreground left with the better Mcguirel ones on my big computer.

Trainz has some of the best functions available for RUNNING trains.

The reason I say the DRM free you have to be off-line with TANE or the "tad-demon" or whatever they are using to check for multi-player now will claim missing assets and corrupt the saves. Even though the session has no missing assets.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 01-16-2016 at 10:26 AM.

I prefer to use OpenRails Jim, at least they don't make false claims about it.

Mike.

If you can make the game work for what you want who cares what they claim in their hype.

Trainz does operational things that none of the other sims can do.

TS12 never met the pre-release hype.

Gotta run what they brung!

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 01-16-2016 at 04:16 PM.

MSTS = Good physics, good frame rates
    Railworks = Good looks, good editor
    Trainz = Good operations, good textures

Now if we can only merge the three of these (using their strong points) together into a single package...
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Don't get me started on that either, at the rate open rails is going it will work about the same as MSTS on the 100th anniversary. I gave up on that with the update that broke all the signals, don't even remember when that was.

Gave up on TS12 because multiplayer turned out to be more trouble than it was worth, the new and improved error messages were just too tedious to deal with, and the locked switch radius increased with speed causes more derailments than it prevents.

So blowing the dust off TS2010 now I'm fighting chronic program freezing, with TADDaemon stopping everything for 30 seconds or more, then sitting around waiting to see if it's gonna start again or this time it's frozen for good. I'm rebooting 5 times a day, did an EDR last night and still got a lockup requiring a hard reboot after the EDR. Starting up from scratch it takes 2 minutes for TADDaemon to allow the launcher screen to appear, then after starting the game another 5 minutes waiting for it to tell me there are 10 thousand content updates available (not a chance, fastest way to break it completely is to update all the content) and loading the ad saying I should buy TANE. I wish there was a way to run offline, but experiments with unplugging the cable showed that it takes longer and locks up more frequently because come hell or highwater that daemon is committed to phoning home and will just keep trying.