Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjacent Track pieces are not loaded

Default Adjacent Track pieces are not loaded

Yesterday, I was making a large railway yard with so many switches. I saved my work and exited from RE. After some time, I again opened RE and jumped to the yard location, I found no tracks but the TDB white lines, red poles at the track switch points and blue poles at the end of the tracks were visible. Before the yard area, there was two tracks. When, I selected one of them, it showed "Adjacent track pieces are not loaded. Can not select next track". I also added two platforms near the yard. That was also vanished. No interactives, road sections, signals was there.
    I did Route Riter Route Check, found "No Error". And, reorganized tdb through Route Riter TSUtil. Again opened RE, I found same error. Please, help me and give me step by step solution. The yard was nearly completed and I do not want to lay the tracks to make the yard again.
    PS: I have not used Dynamic Tracks anywhere in my route.
    Last edited by Prakash2020; 01-11-2016 at 01:32 AM. Reason: No Use of Dynamic Track

Not exactly sure what is meant by "I found no tracks but the TDB white lines".

Focusing on just this "detail", this would mean you have "Blown your Tile" ( as they say in North America ) .

With some experience with such scenarios, you should have "removed" the world file..., for this tile, put it aside , in a backup folder, labeled "defective" .

Going back to your Route's World file folder, you would have "'renamed" ..., the remaining "backup file" ( for the exact / same , world file you just removed ), so that its "filename, would NOW... be, the exact / same , as the ( defective ) one, you just removed .

You can now "jump back" into the Tile, in Route Editor, and for so many years-on-end, ( for me, so far ), it instantly "fixes everything" / everything is right-back to normal, with some odd exception that you may lose, the very last 2 or 3 "actions" ( that did not get saved ) .

Losing 2-3 minutes of , your work, is really not much-at-all, instead of losing an entire world file .

After some time, you will not even get "stressed", when the SIM itself..., will "blow" an entire world file, in your Route .

As simple as to 'reset", a circuit-breaker.

Jean Brisson

I will try it today. Thanks for your help. The white line means the Marker line which is present over the tracks.

I've done Route Riter ICHK.
    The TDB errors are like this:
    'TrVectorNode(2214-2)': UiD-Number (-2102,13361,65) is NOT defined!
    TrVectorNode(2214-2)': Connection between Shape-/Section-Id and UiD not available!
    There are 3019 Error(s) found like this.
    If I run ICHK for my previous backup, there is no error.
    How to solve these errors? Any idea?

You have a corrupted tile, i.e. severe mismatches between the information in your .W files and what's written to the various database files. It's likely not recoverable if you have over 3000 errors.

By doing interactives before your track was completed, you basically ensured this would happen.

The First Inviolable Rule of Route Building is to never, ever, under any circumstances should you install interactives while you're still placing track and/or roads.

The Second Inviolable Rule of Route Building is to have a full backup before you place your first interactive.

Neither of those rules are written down in the manual. We all find it out the way that you did -- by having a route implode after spending hours & hours of work... ;(

If you have all of your track present in your backup, you need to fall back to that, and start where it left off but without interactives.

Run ICHK again, and when you get a clean report, **THEN** you can start on interactives.

I have not added interactives in my route.

So Prakash, you didn't add speedposts, mileposts or use default dynamic track to snap pieces together? Just wondering
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Prakash2020 View Post
    I've done Route Riter ICHK. ...If I run ICHK for my previous backup, there is no error.
    How to solve these errors? Any idea?
    Feedback : while you may now ... have 3,019 errors, you need to understand this may a "domino" ( or "snowball" ) effect.

If your previous backup shows no errors, then, you would know where to start from .

All-in-all, personally, I would find you would waste far less time , simply "re-doing", what may have become corrupted ( and "corrupted" may also mean, this is the SIM itself, and not your work / work habits, that created all those errors ) .

Keep on the positive, that , when "re-doing" something, it is usually 2 or 3 times, "better". Therefore, it is totally worth losing a few minutes, to a few "hours", or Route Building work.

It would also seem that your work, may now require even more frequent ( regular ) "Saves", in Route Editor, ( I "save" after every single Route Editor 'action", or never more than 2 or 3 "actions" before I "save" / if the SIM "crashes' under me, I never lose more than 2 or 3 minutes of work ) , occasionally "jumping-out, and jumping-back-in", into your Tile, to force the SIM to "redraw", all your newer work, and altogether, completely exit Route Editor, perhaps every hour, and also do more frequent full Route backups.

Also be careful when placing any tracks, near Tile delimitation "blue lines", especially switches ( where one "node" may end up in a completely different... "world file", than the other 2 "nodes", from the same switch. ) .

Most track errors, actually occur at, or very near, the blue lines.

Jean Brisson

Quote Originally Posted by Prakash2020 View Post
    I have not added interactives in my route.
    You said you added platforms -- those are interactives, unless you're just referring to a scenery object.

Jean's advice about switches straddling tile boundaries is good advice. The same goes for multi-track segments, and hopefully you aren't working in an area where you could have track jumping over an entire tile (i.e. where four corners come together).

Hi,

Are the 3,109 errors all in the same tile? -2102,13361 ? You may have exceeded the tile object limit which will also give a corrupt tile.

I'm currently at an approximate limit of 2,500 objects per tile. This means anything placed with the RE in that tile.

This limit will vary, depending on a lot of variables.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.