Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adjacent Track pieces are not loaded

If I want to remove all items from the tile, what will be the procedure? I want to delete all 904 track items from that tile and re-lay the tracks again .

Hi,

For the the second question, yes, unfortunately, 904 deletes, with some saves in between. This is to clear out the entries in the TDB, (and RDB if there are any roads) as well as any interactives that are in the TIT and RIT that correspond to items in that tile.

Doug Relyea
    Last edited by drelyea; 01-13-2016 at 03:12 AM.

In previous reply, you said that the world object limit for my route is around 3100. Is it for a single world tile or total route including all world tiles?

Hi,

That would be for each world tile. If you get a couple of them side by side, the RE will load less of the adjacent tiles, but still load all of the objects on the tile the camera is over.

Doug Relyea

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Glad I was able to help.

Doug Relyea

Hi, one more thing I want to ask you:
    After deleting 3-4 tracks and saving, it is shown,
    Save World Placement Changes? (Yes/No)
    Save Terrain Changes? (Yes/No)
    What should I do for these two questions?

Hi,

In this case, answer yes to both. It then records the changes in the w file and the TDB (TIT, RDB, RIT).

A time to answer no to both is if you get the "adjacent track piece not loaded". No prevents a write to the w file and Databases, and lets you verify you have good .bk files before attempting to fix that.

Example: One has clicked on a track, and despite the 3 pieces showing, gets the "adjacent track piece not loaded". My procedure is to close that message, then exit the RE right then, clicking the no button on each as the RE closes.

Doug Relyea

Quote Originally Posted by Prakash2020 View Post
    While running "back up route" in RE, I found 904 tile objects for that tile (-2102,13361). If, I remove all the tracks from that tile, and save the route, will it be create a problem? Can I remove all items from that tile in a single click? As, to delete 904 items from that tile, I will have to click and press delete button for 904 times.
    Very important ! If you plan to "delete" ... track pieces, from a Tile / world file, you must do so, in Route Editor ( and not ... by "editing" the text in the World file , for that tile ! ) .

Why ? By deleting a few track pieces, in Route Editor, and "saving" , immediately..., this will delete those track pieces, also... from the TRACK database !

Only doing it "this way", ( in Route Editor ), will also ..."clean-up" your track database, as you go.

While you may possibly "delete" track pieces, from a world file, you can only do so, if you run an "Advanced" full track database rebuild, immediately after this .

Much-much safer, to 'delete" track pieces ( and roadway pieces ), with the Route Editor, itself

Jean Brisson