Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steampowered - Valve Corp. ?????

Default Steampowered - Valve Corp. ?????

Hi everybody,

just start thinking about Steam, which I need to run TS2016 with Windows 10, maybe because of installation method.

What it actually is, their network connections (there is a manual about how to get network connected, I am starting to read it) are not working generally nor via WiFi or normal LAN (occasionally) and their help is not working (occasinally) ?

Thanks,

TT

Quote Originally Posted by terot1234 View Post
    Hi everybody,

just start thinking about Steam, which I need to run TS2016 with Windows 10, maybe because of installation method.

What it actually is, their network connections (there is a manual about how to get network connected, I am starting to read it) are not working generally nor via WiFi or normal LAN (occasionally) and their help is not working (occasinally) ?

Thanks,

TT
    http://store.steampowered.com/

What happens when you click on the URL above?
    Does the webpage open, which will prove you have good connection to the internet.
    We see you can access this forum , at least on whatever computer you used to do that.
    Do you have another computer than cannot connect with the steam website, is that your problem?
    Last edited by CrowDrivr; 02-01-2016 at 09:36 PM.

In order to run TS-2016 you have to purchase it from Steam On-Line and the Railworks Facebook shows many links to it !

Being a first time customer of Steam you will have to create a new account with them and then buy whatever from them.

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

I think the answer the OP is looking for, is that if for whatever Steam end servers (or your internet for that matter) is offline, unless you have previously selected the option to run off-line you won't be able to play the game. I had this last night when our aging BT Infinity Hub went on the blink for a while (and I'm too tight to pay 129 for the Hub 5) and couldn't get Fallout 4 to start. Cold Turkey!! After a couple of reboots of the router managed to get it back, but the same issue would have prevailed if I'd wanted to play TS2016.
    Vern.

Thank you everybody for your answers.

Generally what I ment is that as an old Train Simulator (Microsoft) player since year 2002 it has its advantages to be able to start game as program without a game platform such as Steam. In my case going online with Steam will not work when using wireless lan - and yes I know too there is guide to read to resolve this. Playing game TS2016 goes ok on Steam offline mode, shop and other features of course wont.

Maybe we are on a way where games are played via a platform nowadays.

Open steam.exe. Then in top left corner click on steam and then go offline. You will be offline until you reboot.

I still prefer to play game as a program rather than playing a game via Steam platform (as a program). Just tried to recover my Steam account password - 8th password suggested went through and was acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by terot1234 View Post
    I still prefer to play game as a program rather than playing a game via Steam platform (as a program).
    +1
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Steam is just the copy protection we used to have on DVDs we bought. It is also a good storage space for the stuff you buy. I have 223 games installed from Steam, that would been a lot of DVDs for me to store at home. And the time lost installing all of that from DVD.

Then there are the sales that are continuously going on. I have not paid full price for any game or addon since I started using Steam several years ago.

Yes, I like Steam.
    Last edited by artimrj; 03-19-2016 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors