Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My beef with DTG

Default My beef with DTG

Jack,

As you well know I have had issues with your "program." To that end I have been looking at a newer PC to cope with TS. I will not reveal the source of this next statement, but it encompasses some of my beliefs.

"We can easily put a system together that exceeds the requirements. The main problem is that, in a word, the software is utter garbage, from what I've read on the steam forums its been like this since its release.

I may advise an alternate simulator.

It may be better and more cost effective to look at alternates then build a machine around a very old and poor game engine.

A PSU replacement will set you back about 40 ex VAT. Mixed with the new GPU would set you back around the 200 mark. You would probably looking at more then twice that over for a new system (probably at least closer to the 600 mark). Now that's a lot of wonga for a very poor simulator. Especially if its the only title you look to play.

I would advise looking at the source (the simulator)and trying out the alternates. I can't see any way that a massive new machine is going to solve all your woes, it looks like it will just add to them in the form of expense."

This is from someone who holds a very balanced view of games, and all I can see that you have done is made a good some of money in selling this and its associated items, and we are the fools who paid for such items.

You never ever listen to your critics; every year, whether we want it or not you release an update, but nothing seems to improve. People still walk through walls and steel pillars, your so-called re-release of the IHH Class 45 diesel is lamentable. I mentioned that in an earlier e-mail but you chose to ignore it.

You people would make good politicians; very good at evading questions.

Goodbye.

Your point?

Without context, it's near impossible to follow, and even if it contained such, the information is not likely to be of any use to anyone here.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

A bit gibberish IMHO.
    Last edited by Flybyme; 02-05-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

So all you people are quite prepared to spend hundreds of dollars/ pounds sterling just to run a 30 "game"?

More money than brain cells.

Nope - TS runs just fine on my old XP box and a lowly GTX-275.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

If you're going to transcribe a conversation involving several parties, then you need to identify who said what and who they represent, otherwise it's meaningless gibberish as Flybyme rightly points out.

The DTG sim has its faults as frequently reported on here, but if you want to see a really crap sim, try the New Era Of Trainz...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Glory View Post
    So all you people are quite prepared to spend hundreds of dollars/ pounds sterling just to run a 30 "game"?

More money than brain cells.

In the meantime, I plan to have fun today running this:

Or even some Trainz The New Era, too. Money well spent!

Last edited by ftldave; 02-06-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: add txt
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

That's odd, because I understand his statement perfectly as it stands. You sound like one of the old-timer, staunch defenders of a broken system.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    If you're going to transcribe a conversation involving several parties, then you need to identify who said what and who they represent, otherwise it's meaningless gibberish as Flybyme rightly points out.

The DTG sim has its faults as frequently reported on here, but if you want to see a really crap sim, try the New Era Of Trainz...
    Bull...

If you cannot accept a statement without knowing identity, then you are far more close-minded than you think you are. You accept total garbage at face value on this forum all of the time without knowing its source, especially when it originates from somewhere in the bowels of DTG.

The one good bit of advice that was contained in the reported conversation of the original post (which BTW was perfectly clear to me?) was that your "Advisor" made a few very good points.

We have to remember that in the world of gaming ALL SIMULATORS are comparatively "OLD"?

Secondly the fact is that few folk have the money or space to run more than one PC. Therefore you should choose a spec for any upgrade that meets the requirements of THE most demanding thing you're going to run on it. That may or may not be a simulator?

What the OP needs to do is decide what he's going to use his PC for.

As such the opinion offered isn't as daft as many of us SIM fans would maybe think? After all there are weird folk out there who don't understand our fascination ( er make that addiction?)

I can understand your frustration BUT no one here can fix TS20XX for you and the criticisms of that sim (AND many others) are many and various on these forums.

What I would suggest is that you decide what you really want to run? The PERFECT Rail Simulator hasn't been released yet ...and never will be probably. However there are a number of Train Sims out there that will run on any half decent PC and which have many different aspects that you can enjoy within them? Flight Simulator has been through several updates and folk still happily enjoy different versions of it.

If you don't like the efforts of DTG you don't have to run it? I've been into Simulators since they were wire frame graphics on a Spectrum! I've loads of money invested in FSX which is more demanding than most rail sims. I bought RW, was underwhelmed, uninstalled it and got back to my hobby with the Sims that I like and that work.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK