Thread: Set Ai path

Default Set Ai path

So I'm trying to create a scenario on the London brighton route. Now I know how to set a final destination for an ai train but I want to know how to directs it path. So what I want to do is have an ai train start at the platform next to mine and then have it cross over the tracks ahead so I have to wait for it to clear my tracks before I depart. Is there a way to tell an Ai train which direction to take when reaching a switch instead of setting up its own path based on the final destination? I tried playing around with waypoints but even when I set a waypoint destination on the track I want the ai train to cross onto then the the train cross the tracks farther down instead of using the switch just beyond the platform.

Thanks
    Last edited by jt233; 02-19-2016 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jt233 View Post
    So I'm trying to create a scenario on the London brighton route. Now I know how to set a final destination for an ai train but I want to know how to directs it path. So what I want to do is have an ai train start at the platform next to mine and then have it cross over the tracks ahead so I have to wait for it to clear my tracks before I depart. Is there a way to tell an Ai train which direction to take when reaching a switch instead of setting up its own path based on the final destination? I tried playing around with waypoints but even when I set a waypoint destination on the track I want the ai train to cross onto then the the train cross the tracks farther down instead of using the switch just beyond the platform.

Thanks
    Set a marker then use the "travel via" (I think that is the name) in the timetable view of the Scenario Editor, I am not near my machine at the moment so cannot check the name....

David