Thread: What's the story on Trainz A New Era SP1 ?

Angry What's the story on Trainz A New Era SP1 ?

I've been playing with 12 while waiting for "A New Era" to be fixed.

A few days ago I got one of those E-mail updates from Auran and it mentioned something about SP1 and money. Do they expect us to pay another $20 to update to SP1?

Last night instead of playing with 12 I opened "A new Era" and clicked on updates and got an answer that there were no new updates. My current build is 78660 and I find it hard to believe mine is as up-to-date as it gets!

I come here to investigate and now we are talking about the next new era????

I'm confused, but you already knew that!

Wild Willy the Wacko

Angry Still Pi$$ed

Quote Originally Posted by CWA13000 View Post

A few days ago I got one of those E-mail updates from Auran and it mentioned something about SP1 and money. Do they expect us to pay another $20 to update to SP1?

Last night instead of playing with 12 I opened "A new Era" and clicked on updates and got an answer that there were no new updates. My current build is 78660 and I find it hard to believe mine is as up-to-date as it gets!

Wild Willy the Wacko
    I had called up Trainz A New Era to make sure I quoted the correct build number and after posting, I spun around to see it was doing a database repair. It ended by saying that there were no errors but 186 warnings so I clicked on the " Manage Content " button and asked for faulty content and sure enough, it looks to me like all the stuff that has been marked faulty and unusable is all in red and I guess it is time to play with 12 for a few more months!

Just what in the hell do they consider an error?? Apparently a warning is when they tell you " You got the stuff, you just can't use it!" !!!

Wild Willy the Wacko

I've come to the conclusion that TANE really stands for "To Add New Errors". Seriously, having similar problems with TS2010 these days, 10 thousand some odd content updates available on the DLS, so I got a whole bunch of built in assets labeled as faulty and/or missing dependencies. Opening for edit and reverting no longer works, the only thing I can figure is the idiots doing the DLS cleanup project are adding obsolete tables to all the config.txt files in the KUID2 updates, which makes CM throw a hissy fit. The whole KUID2 replacement system and TADDaemon both need a complete overhaul, preferably something which will run offline and not even look at the DLS until the user asks it to look.

I've noticed that all versions of Trainz now seem to suffer from the bug where you can't change the month in which the route is set, so if you build a route in January or February any seasonal deciduous trees are permanently bare. Whether this is a conflict with newer Windows systems I don't know. N3V reckoned they were going to fix it with SP1 in TANE but still the same. Obviously no chance of it getting fixed in earlier versions, even TS12 which while not officially unsupported until September this year is to all intents and purposes abandoned by N3V now.
    Vern.

I was playing with that Milwakee route that is in the deluxe edition, Avery and something, and I was able to get all 4 seasons no problem at all. I was changing it on the fly while running a train just to see what would happen. I am guessing the route has to be made as seasonal, but I have no idea.

Running Win 10 64 bit i7 [email protected] & nvidia 970 with 4 gig.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

That's odd then Bob, as when I tried to scroll the months in the calendar under Environment settings, it sticks on the current month or January. Maybe they did slip in a fix under the net, so to speak.

However it remains a problem in earlier versions, so unless you use non-seasonal trees (not many that work in TS12), build a route entirely underground or the Ferronor route in Chile then you get the problem of trees showing bare branches (and bare Speedtrees are even uglier without their clothes than with!).
    Vern.

My main problem is that some of the trees look like they are made out of chrome and reflect the sunlight way too much. I tried turning down the ambient colors but then everything gets too dark by the time the trees look ok.

But yes, I just changed the months until a new season displayed, then I told it to set it to that time. It stuck and the display changed to that season.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Cool I'll answer my own question.

Quote Originally Posted by CWA13000 View Post

Wild Willy the Wacko

If you already own TANE, you can download SP1 free but if you want it sent on media, there is a charge like that first Hot Fix.

I tripped over a thread that took me to Planet Auran's forum where people were discussing problems with installing SP1. One thing I picked up on was that people were saying that WIN-ZIP was not working well with SP1. I immediately went on-line and bought WIN-RAR which was said to work. I downloaded SP1 which took about 3 hrs. I think the slow-down is on their end, I have Verizon FIOS and it is fast.

I went back and searched my E-mail to see how I got confused about the cost of SP1 and I found the one that I had looked at last week and it is worded very tricky.

I quote:

"It's time to climb on board TANE SP1 get the latest and best for just USD $20"

"Previous Trainz owners upgrade to TANE SP1 for just USD $20 log in and use code XXXXXXXXXXX"

From what I know now, they must have meant that owners of versions previous to TANE could get TANE with SP1 for $20 but I thought they were telling me that I had to cough-up another $20 to correct their screw-ups.

I've been driving around the Hinton route for a day now and things seem to be working but originally, after Hot Fix 1, I had about a month of fun before a bunch of stuff went " faulty ". I had been wondering if there was some fine print some ware that said I only had a month to preview and decide to buy all that stuff that they designated as " Payware "

I hate to say that everything is fixed now, maybe in a month I'll get back to you about that!

Wild Willy the Wacko