Thread: Disabling forced-action points

Default Disabling forced-action points

Hi,
    I created some scenarios based on some purchased routes (mainly, East Coast Main Line modern, Newcastle to Edinburgh and Western Mainlines, all by JustTrains). Each and every one of these have some points (switches) which seem like to have been programmed to throw my train to a siding whenever I approach them. While this of course makes the scenario slightly less boring and railway crash-prone, I'd prefer to control whether to go to a siding by myself rather than let this decide by the programme.
    Is there any way do disable such behaviour of these points permanently by editing the scenario? Alas, I couldn't find it.

I suggest placing waypoints along your path where the points automatically lead you down the wrong track. If there is no destination or siding marker present, you can add your own in the scenario.

Tyler

I'm sorry I've probably haven't explained my problem properly:
    1) the scenario I'm talking about is a free roam scenario to one of the routes I purchased from Justtrains. I just put a couple of trains on it (A Voyager and an Adelante) I pretend to be a train driver and drive it along the entire route without timetable / destination etc.
    2) I found out some switch points (junctions) activate automatically whether I want it or not: they always lead me to some siding, reverse direction track etc. I obviously haven't considered that in my scenario and believed any scenario I start would only contain manual switch points I can activate / switch any time while driving my train (either on the map or by hitting a key combination). It seems like that's not the case.
    3) How do I change these automatic switch points / junctions to manual ones? I just do not want them to activate EVER without my wish.
    4) I have no idea what 'waypoints' are or 'destination / siding markers' are. How do I add them by editing my scenario? And how can I have them in a free-roam scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Pargeo View Post
    How do I change these automatic switch points / junctions to manual ones? I just do not want them to activate EVER without my wish.
    You had my PM !

Care to reply to it ?

In a Free Roam I have a strange situation occurring. Surely the very fact of using a Free Raom scenario is to have complete control of points with out any interference from the program. Wrong it would seem - Big brother program wants it's input regardless of the stupid result.

I've created a free scenario and have check all future point settings for my proposed journey. So far so good! If I stop and pick up passengers the exit points behave correctly. If I go through the station at less than 30mph the exit points also behave correctly. Again so far so good. But if I go through the station(Max-50Mph) greater than 30 mph the exit point changes and I find my Loco being directed through a series of 6 siding's points which the program changes to enable the Loco to regain access to the main line further up the line. Of course the max speed of these sidings are 15Mph. I've relayed all the potential faulty track & points to find a cure but obviously to no avail! - Absolute madness
    Any thoughts would be most appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by orion901 View Post
    Using a Free Raom scenario is to have complete control of points with out any interference from the program. Wrong it would seem - Big brother program wants it's input regardless of the stupid result. I've relayed all the potential faulty track & points to find a cure but obviously to no avail! Any thoughts would be most appreciated
    The easiest method is to use RW_Tools from here:

Then loading a route's Tracks.bin into it do this:

Well I'm very impressed with the speed and the quality Ottodad of your solution using RW-Tools.
    It work a treat the very first time of testing. The points stayed as I directed at the offset.Brill.
    I only wish there was a way I could return the favour. I fear that my little box of fixes/fudges is much smaller than yours.
    Anyway kind regards to you & yours.

You are welcome, Peter.

I am still here to help the few who are left, who appreciate getting advice and help from me !

Take care, Otto.