Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New amazing Consist Editor for OR and MSTS for FREE

Hm, on Windows 64 bit you can still use your 32 bit apps with no problems. So why not move to 64 bit systen?
    There was problem with windows xp 64 bit because you had to use only 64 bit apps, but since Vista you can do both and it is stupid to use 32 bit system and make your computer slower. I had 64 bit CPU in 2006 y. 12 year ago!
    TSRE opengl memory management is important thing to do, but I think that there are more important things to do first.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Hm, on Windows 64 bit you can still use your 32 bit apps with no problems. So why not move to 64 bit systen?
    There was problem with windows xp 64 bit because you had to use only 64 bit apps, but since Vista you can do both and it is stupid to use 32 bit system and make your computer slower. I had 64 bit CPU in 2006 y. 12 year ago!
    TSRE opengl memory management is important thing to do, but I think that there are more important things to do first.
    Well, leaving "głupota" aside....

Some programs do not work as intended in 64 bit, not because they are 32 bit, but because the Windows API changed. If you have not experienced that yet, then I am reminding you that it is true. It is also incorrect to assume that there are true 64 bit versions for all "older" 32 bit programs, not to mention having the extra money to do such upgrades. Again I remind you that Open Rails is NOT 64 bit. Why is that? Because the installed user base are not ALL using a 64 bit OS.

Many of us are not using 64 bit machines with 128Gb of memory installed. The way TSRE manages memory is to NOT manage memory and HOPE there is enough memory to avoid an OOM error. Your current memory model in TSRE might be fine for a few gigabytes of data on a computer with 8 Gb of RAM, but it fails badly when the amount of data outstrips the amount of RAM you have. This is clearly the case for consist editing where it is easy to have many gigabytes of locos/wagons. I agree with you that fixing memory management is an important thing to do, however it is more urgent than you think, I would not put it in the "nice to have" category at some future date.

In the short term, why not use a clear memory cache feature, a button, or pull down menu? You can also display the amount of free memory available and as the user sees fit, he/she can clear the memory cache. You have already expressed elsewhere that automatic memory management in TSRE resulted in too many "crashes". I am suggesting, letting the user decide when to clear memory to avoid an OOM. If that is too difficult, it would be useful to have a feature which allows the user to control when a loco/wagon will be graphically displayed, not automatically as it does right now. This will allow some control over the OOM errors.

Dziękuję Ci bardzo Piotr

Can I please know from which website I can download TSRE ?

Yes. Start here, read directions carefully and you're good to go!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Zkmc2wNIU/edit
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Ok. Search box accepted.

It is nice idea, but now I'm asking about the must have features for the first release. I want to share it as soon as possible, but I do not want to make the same mistake I did with Route Editor where I released first early version without important features and some were disappointed.
    What problems do you have using them for Loose Consists in the AE?

If possible, could you include a keyword search feature for the rolling stock lists?

I had to reinstall TSRE after a computer issue and after downloading it I got an error message. "The code execution cannot proceed because ApenAL32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." Has anybody else gotten this message before?