Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New amazing Consist Editor for OR and MSTS for FREE

I see no problem with show miles/feet option, but which one implement?

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Great Job Goku, only part I'm not keen on is the Black Background?
    In my editors you can use system theme from the first version

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    I see no problem with show miles/feet option, but which one implement?

In my editors you can use system theme from the first version

Looks good to me, but as Eric says above if that can be a user choice? Dark or light background/text.

As for which Miles/Feet Option I would have thought that it has to be Imperial (as opposed to US) because of countries using those measurements more use Imperial? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_units Interestingly most countries that used Imperial measurements have embraced the Metric system and use some of both? In the UK for instance we use metric for short measures e.g. carpets, timber etc. but Miles for Distance and speed. We use BOTH for liquids (Beer in Pints and Wine in ml.)

For trains Speed would be M.P.H. and Distance in Imperial Miles. ....but modern stock would be load rated in Metric Tons whilst older stock would be rated in Imperial Tons and Cwt.

Hope that makes things clearer?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I wanted to release CE with new version of RE, but it is ready for over two months and I think it is better to release it now.
    1. Download and unzip http://koniec.org/tsre5/TSRE5_v0.6127.zip
    2. Run "Con Editor.bat"
    [OPTIONAL] edit settings.txt and set path to your MSTS/OR routes/trains directory:
    gameRoot = F:/train simulator

How to use:
    1. select consist from list or click file->new
    2. find train on list, double click or click "add"
    3. enter file name if empty
    4. file->save

Graphic con view:
    mouse - select
    F - flip
    Del - delete
    Left/Right - move left/right

It is not finished, but still fun to use.
    Last edited by GokuMK; 05-27-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I've had a chance to spend a bit of time with this new consist editor. I'm really impressed. It is now going to become my main consist editor.

Some things I really like:

It's snappy.
    Great graphics - better than Shape Viewer or any other consist editor. And the graphics barely seem to slow things down (although there is a short lag, measured in seconds).
    Search feature is really nice
    I like having one view that uses the name but substitutes file name if it can't find it.
    The ability to view long names
    Easy consist changes - moving position via arrow keys, deleting. All smooth.
    I appreciate that I am now able to view the route editor and consist editor on my retina screen which has more pixels
    Shows Freight animations on .eng and .wag files

Christopher

Hi Chris !

How did you find out how to do all this because I can not see it in its documentation nor in its Help option ?

Otto,

Goku doesn't write documentation, help files, or anything at all like that. You have to poke around and fiddle with everything to see what works, what doesn't, and what's not done.

As for <BROKEN> consists don't expect any explanation for why the software has marked it that way.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Quote Originally Posted by muskokaandtahoe View Post
    As for <BROKEN> consists don't expect any explanation for why the software has marked it that way.
    Broken consists = missing rolling stock. Open Con Units View and see.

Quote Originally Posted by muskokaandtahoe View Post
    Goku doesn't write documentation, help files, or anything at all like that. You have to poke around and fiddle with everything to see what works, what doesn't, and what's not done.
    Yes Dave, I have been doing that and much of what it shows is an improvement of what the Conbuilder does.

But having been using the CB for many years, helping its team with my suggestions to improve some of what id does, I am used to what it can do, editing some *.CON files manually, done in minutes !

New version: http://koniec.org/tsre5/TSRE5_v0.6128.zip

- bug fixes and small features,
    - change Shape/Con View background color. It can be set permanently in settings.txt
    - copy image from Shape View to Clipboard (example):

Goku,

Editing consists within activities using CB has been limited to Player and A1 trains. Is there a method to edit "loose consists", or am I just dreaming again?
    Russ G

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce