Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phosphate

Smile Phosphate

Coming soon to the file library: ACL & SAL phosphate hoppers!

(Featuring the BLW SAL Pack and the extended SAL Florida route)

I made some phosphate hoppers in TSM for the extended SAL Florida route. The route now features several phosphate mines and these hoppers were common to the area.

There are two packs of each road, high-poly and lower-poly versions. The high-poly versions contain 2048 textures, while the lower-poly packs come with 1024 textures. MSTS ran 2-3fps faster with the lower-poly versions in place.

They are recommended for OpenRails, but they load and run ok in MSTS. I put 400 of them in a yard and MSTS with Bin could offer 3-4fps but it didn't crash. Most activities won't have more than 200 in one area. OpenRails handles the hoppers, and the SAL route, much better in terms of frame rates.

Check out Skyline Computing for more info about the SAL route and their MSTS activity programs. Denis Gionet has been working on Activity Generator templates for the new Seaboard Air Line route, now using these new phosphate hoppers.

Tyler

I Like .
    Good job .
    Chimbica Dash8

Thank you.

I assume that they are working without errors for everyone, which is always good.

I hope everyone enjoys them! I'm off to tinker with an old project that really needs to see completion....

Quote Originally Posted by tbundy1982 View Post
    Coming soon to the file library: ACL & SAL phosphate hoppers!

(Featuring the BLW SAL Pack and the extended SAL Florida route)

I made some phosphate hoppers in TSM for the extended SAL Florida route. The route now features several phosphate mines and these hoppers were common to the area.

There are two packs of each road, high-poly and lower-poly versions. The high-poly versions contain 2048 textures, while the lower-poly packs come with 1024 textures. MSTS ran 2-3fps faster with the lower-poly versions in place.

They are recommended for OpenRails, but they load and run ok in MSTS. I put 400 of them in a yard and MSTS with Bin could offer 3-4fps but it didn't crash. Most activities won't have more than 200 in one area. OpenRails handles the hoppers, and the SAL route, much better in terms of frame rates.

Check out Skyline Computing for more info about the SAL route and their MSTS activity programs. Denis Gionet has been working on Activity Generator templates for the new Seaboard Air Line route, now using these new phosphate hoppers.

Tyler
    I believe Gaetan is also working on an ACL pack specifically for this route and Denis' templates.

Yes is coming well

at this time i have F7 FT SW9 GP7 GP30 GP35 SD35 on the work table

i will try to add S2 C628 F3 E8 E7 caboose and freight cars

Quote Originally Posted by gbel2001 View Post
    Yes is coming well

at this time i have F7 FT SW9 GP7 GP30 GP35 SD35 on the work table

i will try to add S2 C628 F3 E8 E7 caboose and freight cars
    Thanks for doing these Gaetan. Will any of the locos be in the initial purple and gold scheme ACL started with before they went to the black? The purple scheme was very classy looking, especially on the F and E units.

10429231_514225005345700_5936742423876581676_n.jpg
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

all in black Steve

Gaetan ,Any possibility of an E6 as well.All those black ACL units could easily be converted to SCL

The passenger trains would be enough for their own pack. Add that one to the wishlist....

I'm looking forward to the ACL pack. You guys knock my socks off with about everything you release so keep up the good work!

Tyler

Default Somewhat Confused? Did I miss something?

I'm somewhat confused because these posts seem to refer to a NEW SAL Route but the one in the Library and on Skyline Computing is the 2005 Route? Is there another revised version? If so where?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK