Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holes appearing on Ground

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    The issue you are facing is the same one we all have when running that route. As Arnab states, it is to do with the tile size in that location. MSTS will draw them and texture them, but Open Rails will not, at this time.
    Reading this thread again, I realised that this white void problem has to do with ORTS and not MSTS.

So I test-ran my new activity in ORTS and yes, it is missing many terrain tiles !

ORTS should look into this ?

Take care Otto.

Yes Mr. Baldwin, I read about it in one of the Forums. This has got to do with the tile dimensions.

Forcing a Re-create Terrain Buffers has not fixed it !

Hi Siddharth !

You saying that it does not run as smooth in MSTS as it does in ORTS, here is my new South-East activity, now running South-North, it having had a problem running North-South, after me messing with trying to find the cause for the White Voids.

It runs smooth at frame rates of 50 to 60 and has a stutter only when it has to load / display masses of scenery objects ahead !

https://youtu.be/AFSNLXTsZcQ

P.S.: Just checked it running in ORTS, frame rates and some stuttering are similar, as are terrain tiles still missing !
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 03-18-2016 at 01:09 PM.

I would suggest someone experiencing the problem to file a bug report in Launchpad attaching the OR logfile and inserting a link to this thread.
    I don't think this can be solved in short time, but it's important that it remains documented.

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    I would suggest someone experiencing the problem to file a bug report in Launchpad attaching the OR logfile and inserting a link to this thread. I don't think this can be solved in short time, but it's important that it remains documented.
    O.K., will do, Carlo !

P.S.: Oops, forgot to attach its Log, showing the start of it having been loaded before running it !

missing-terrain-tiles.zip
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 03-18-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Hi,

This hole disappearance issue is indeed because OR doesn't support 4x4 or 8x8 tiles. There was a bug report filed on launchpad regarding this but that has now been expired because of inactivity of more than 60 days!!

Here is the link
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/or/+bug/1437563

You can also see route creator's comment there.

P.S. Why are you trying to run this in OR anyway? In my view, OR ruins many routes aesthetics in other ways as well.

So here is what this route looks like in the RGE, showing the areas where terrain tiles are not showing:

And here is part of my GOLD-SPIKE-X, no tiles split and no missing terrain problems:

So is there anything that can be done to fix that ?

And as I mentioned in the other thread, that is the problem, thank you Otto for the picture. I had to redo 4 tiles on the Monon-2 because I did the samething.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by advut View Post
    Hi,

P.S. Why are you trying to run this in OR anyway? In my view, OR ruins many routes aesthetics in other ways as well.
    First of all, Open Rails is a much more stable program than MSTS ever was. Yes, there are some aspects of route display that require attention, but OR is put together by people for free in whatever spare time they have.
    In many areas Open Rails has advanced so far that MSTS is like toytown. There are areas however where a stab in the dark has had to be taken because there is no way to verify how MSTS did certain things. In these cases, slowly by trial and error we arrive at a workable solution.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.