Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSTS Route--Black Canyon NG Line

Default MSTS Route--Black Canyon NG Line

Good morning,

Just download the route MSTS Route--Black Canyon NG Line (blackcanyon01.zip ).

I have some questions about this route:

- is this the first part of these route?
    - if not, is this a serrious route?
    - i missing a lot of parts of this route
    - is this download the right one, or is there something wrong with the upload of the file to trainsim.com?

regards,

A.N. de Jong
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andejong; 03-17-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Obviously, you didn't read the documentation! (Documentation folder) OOOOPPS! Do you have NEW ROADS installed? (REQUIRED)
    Perhaps you should read here as well: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...11#post1892311
    Last edited by frankoburns; 03-17-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

@frankoburns,

Yes I have installed X-Tracks 3.20 (with tsection.dat 00041/00044) and New Roads v.4.0.
    Still you see only tracks in the air or in site of the hills.
    Have you download this route and drive it by our shelves?

regards,

A.N. de Jong

Description: This is not a complete route, it is a unsculpted, bare bones, version of the D&RG narrow gage
    through the Black Canyon, west of Gunnison, CO. It is intended to be used by others to
    provide a missing link that is now under 100M of water in two reservoirs
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

What you are seeing is under the terrain, maybe not the best place to start the test path. Took me a few minutes to figure it out..
    Jim

Cool Black Canyon "Route"

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    What you are seeing is under the terrain, maybe not the best place to start the test path. Took me a few minutes to figure it out..
    No this is not a complete route and is not intended to be one. I don't intend to continue with it. It was done in
    answer to questions raised on the ElvasTower site by at least two narrow gage simmers that did not know how
    we might accurately (or as accurately as possible) lay track through what is now a lake 100M in depth.

I accepted the challenge, and loaded them here because ElvasTower is nearly impossible to upload anything too.
    After a while, if everyone that wanted them, has them, I will probably ask the site owner to remove them to make
    space for more useful material.

And yes, I do real routes. If you like, download the "GAP", by just doing a search on Milwaukee Road, or the
    RMD-EAST (done by Lukas Lussar, using two of my routes), or the RMD-4 (to eventually be part of the RMD-WEST
    also being worked on by Lukas).

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)

Jerry, it would be great if you were to provide more information with the download description. I too thought it was a completed route and was considering a download to run it. I am sure glad I did not waste my time. I am sure that Nels would be glad to update the description.

Bob Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by oakpalms View Post
    Jerry, it would be great if you were to provide more information with the download description. I too thought it was a completed route and was considering a download to run it. I am sure glad I did not waste my time. I am sure that Nels would be glad to update the description.

Bob Edwards
    In all fairness to Jerry, in the Route Specification Forum, he filled out all the info for both versions V1 & V2 there. A thing that most route creators , mostly the experienced ones do. And it does state in there that it is not a complete route in both.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...ment-version-2
    - Mark -

The problem is that the information in the Route Specification Forum was not provided in the description of the route given in the download section. I too wasted considerable time trying to get this route to work, not realizing it was a bare-bones creation with just a track running between some distant hills. In the future, please make it clear when an uploaded route is is incomplete as this one is.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    In all fairness to Jerry, in the Route Specification Forum, he filled out all the info for both versions V1 & V2 there. A thing that most route creators , mostly the experienced ones do. And it does state in there that it is not a complete route in both.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...ment-version-2

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    The problem is that the information in the Route Specification Forum was not provided in the description of the route given in the download section.
    That is what the Route Specification Forum is for. To know what the route entails before you download it. It would have save you the "wasted considerable time trying to get this route to work". In the future, I would advise you check that part of the forum first before clicking on download for a route.

The top route builders on here like Jerry always list the completes of their routes in the forum there after they upload it to the D/L library.
    - Mark -