Thread: Needles don't show in new cabview

Question Needles don't show in new cabview

Hello everyone, I'm getting closer to finishing my ICG SW14 switchers that I built in TSM. I got the shape issues worked out and she runs well in OpenRails and MSTS. One of the last things on my list is to build a working basic cabview for these switchers.

I have made my cabview .ace files and got them aligned in the cabview. What I want to do is have a working Speedometer and Ammeter in the main cab view. I originally copied the GP38 .cvf file, and replaced all of the working levers with a blank.ace file to make them invisible. 3 years later....I decided to try my hand at making the speedometer work. I copied the needlewhite.ace from the default GP38 where the .cvf file originated. I replaced the blank.ace entries for the speedometer and ammeter in the SW14.cvf file with needlewhite.ace. While I didn't expect them to be correctly lined up at the start, I actually can't get them to show up on my screen in any position.

Here is the #1 forward cabview as seen in OpenRails. (It looks the same in MSTS) Notice that there are no white needles anywhere on the screen.

Here is a wide-angle shot of the inside of the cab. I set it up like BLW's "Virtual Cab" except that it uses the main engine shape rather than a new shape. I was able to make my cab views from moving around this #5 view in OpenRails.

Here is the latest look at the SW14. Not much has changed since you all saw them last. I just worked out an alpha sorting issue.

A forum search did not turn anything up that was specific to my problem of not being able to get the needles to show.

I've included the .cvf file in a zip. If anyone has any suggestions, would you please help me trouble shoot this? I assume it's something small that I've overlooked.

Thank you!

Tyler
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your cvf file is the original GP38 that came with MSTS? If so your attached cvf calls for needlewhite.ace the original calls for needlewhite .ace . In your cvf file try putting a blank space between needlewhite and .ace

Nice looking switcher.

Rich

Sorry, I was working, but I figured that out for Tyler... Also, the speedometer needle ACE was totally misnamed...
    Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.

Thank you both for helping me with this! I wasn't looking close enough at what I was doing. I knew it was something simple.