Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still discoveries to be found...

Default Still discoveries to be found...

Here I sit reading up on all the latest Unreal Engine editing tricks, and yet I continue to find interesting items in the current TS:

http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/index...esting-tidbit/

Perhaps this will be useful info for anyone tinkering with Asset Blocks.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Well done, Marc, but there seems to be nobody left who could benefit from your discovery ! The last 2 apparently still working on their routes having gone quiet for some time now.

Thomas Bontempo having used them extensively in his Connellsville to Baltimore route, its many vegetation Asset Blocks have not affected frame rates much, other than areas which contain masses of objects of various sorts !

It is of interest only to those who know how to work with Railworks files and before modifying anything first BACK-UP whatever !

It has however not made any difference to its former Frame Rates, shown by all my Railsworks videos on YouTube !

Last edited by OTTODAD; 03-28-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    It has however not made any difference to its former Frame Rates
    I never said it would. What I said was that the improvement came when switching from flexible scenery blocks to asset ones.

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I never said it would. What I said was that the improvement came when switching from flexible scenery blocks to asset ones.
    That of course can not be done globally for all flexible scenery blocks in a route ?

A flexible block is different than that of an asset one, Otto. LODs can be handled at the model level, but for trees used in Asset Blocks, the parameter can be quite effective (flat view-facing trees shouldn't have LODs to begin with anyway). The thinning is not from the model's LOD, but from the number of objects in view on the block itself.

Signature

Still discoveries to be found !?

Running my clone of the Semmering Bahn again,
    I have not done for some time, to check what difference your discovery has made to its many Forest Assets Block, all sorts of queer things happened.

Like inexplicable derailments of its player, never at the same spot, some set InitialSaved player switches paths changing as soon as the main player is clicked on to be run and some of its many AIs destinations having disappeared, having been set in it's Freeroam Scenario Timetable !

Going back to an earlier clone of the route, trying to figure out what the causes of them are, I got this one, I have not seen before !

What the blazes is going on, which has probably also ruined Thomas working on his P&LE uprade ?

I am going to run Steam / TS-2016 only off-line from now on, avoiding future updates and DLCs from DTG, buying third-party releases only and even some of them have their own problems, no names mentioned !

Not looking forward to DTG TS-UE4, their track record so far not confidence inspiring !

Hope that the TS-2016 Tehachapi Pass route you are working on is not going to suffer !

Take care, Otto.

Still discoveries to be found !?

Running my clone of the Semmering Bahn again, I have not done for some time, to check what difference your discovery has made to its many Forest Assets Block, all sorts of queer things happened.
    Editing scenery files has nothing to do with your derailments, Otto.

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Editing scenery files has nothing to do with your derailments, Otto.
    I did not say that it did.

I am saying that since last running my Semmering clone a while ago things appear to have gone wrong !

Like yesterday after a number of earlier Freeroam AIs have run past this spot, the AI 18 service suddenly crashed there.

I have replaced all the HRQ ÖBB ES6402 with the DTG ÖBB 1116 ones and broke a couple of crossovers which changed their InitialSave set paths to Divert as soon as I started running the player, derailing it going too fast in them !

Here is the DTG ÖBB 1116 player running all of the route in both directions with no problems 3 months ago, using my new Mürzzuschlag reverse loop back to Gloggnitz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUE82akU_kQ

I am going to get to the bottom of this, having nothing else to do at the moment !

I did not say that it did.
    By saying "...all sorts of queer things happened." you implied it.

Signature