Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Available

Default Not Available

Just for shucks and grins, I checked the software section down at WalMart, which used to carry TS up until 2015 but carries it no longer. Had a chat with the guy who runs that department. He told me WalMart stopped carrying that item because of the number of complaints about the product.

So much for quality assurance.

Aren't you even a little bit embarrassed to still be shopping at Wal-Mart? Eeewwww ...

THE PEOPLE OF WALMART
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

In the UK, none of the big supermarket chains sell anything much in the way of PC games anymore, let alone those aimed at a very niche market. Even "Game", the only retail software shop left on the High Street has a very basic selection, being more interested in selling console titles, secondhand console titles they took in part ex, or memorabilia/collectibles.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    He told me WalMart stopped carrying that item because of the number of complaints about the product.
    What a worthless font of misinformation. Walmart discontinues items based on availability + turnover + profit margin. If the item isn't readily available to them at what they consider a fair wholesale price, turnover is slow, or when the profit margin is in the tank, then you won't see that item in the store.

Sheesh. Economics 101.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    In the UK, none of the big supermarket chains sell anything much in the way of PC games anymore, let alone those aimed at a very niche market. Even "Game", the only retail software shop left on the High Street has a very basic selection, being more interested in selling console titles, secondhand console titles they took in part ex, or memorabilia/collectibles.
    Exactly the same down here, Vern.
    Change the name from "Game" to "EB Games" (originally "Electronics Boutique" back in the '90s) and the tale is identical.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I think the other reason stores are dropping PC games is because you can buy them online and download them and get them cheaper than from the store. Mind you I recently purchased Star Wars Battlefront from a shop as I wasn't prepared to download the 40gbs of it. That statement from MM is a typical post from him with no actual facts behind it. Care to elaborate more on your statement.
    Last edited by Flybyme; 03-29-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Yeah, i'm going to jump on the bash Wal-Mart bandwagon. If you have ever worked for a company that vends to those bastards, you would never shop there again. They use every underhanded trick in the book to get ther vendors to give away their products for free. Two minutes late getting the truck loaded? That's a penalty. Truck driver shows up late? That's a penalty. Customer complaint? That's a penalty. Wal-mart Purchasing Department over-stocked your item and can't sell? Ship it all back and give the vendor a penalty.

If were any software vendor, i'd sell the CD's door-to-door before i'd sell at Wally World.

Having been a UK Supermarket and Superstore manager in the late 70s, US Wallmart appears to be what Tesco is here in the UK and would have never worked for them !

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    I think the other reason stores are dropping PC games is because you can buy them online and download them and get them cheaper than from the store. Mind you I recently purchased Star Wars Battlefront from a shop as I wasn't prepared to download the 40gbs of it. That statement from MM is a typical post from him with no actual facts behind it. Care to elaborate more on your statement.
    WalMart hasn't dropped it's other PC games...just Train sim.

With the plethora of other, dedicated gaming platforms, PC games have largely fallen from grace everywhere, not just WalMart.

"With the plethora of other, dedicated gaming platforms, PC games have largely fallen from grace everywhere, not just WalMart."

The move to other platforms began a few years ago for Railworks/Trainsimulator. Why else would there be an expectation to drive a 7,000 ton freight train with an X-box controller?

They'll pry my PC, my simulators, and my mechanical keyboard from my cold cob-webbed hands, they will.