Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not Available

Well Walmart took over Asda in the UK the third choice to go for groceries with Sainsbury first and Tesco second - unless you're rich enough to shop at Waitrose! They most definitely don't sell PC games, their Blu-ray and DVD selection is either Top 20 or what sells to the masses, ditto CD's. So they are most definitely into making a quick $ (or ) off what they can pile high, sell cheap and with minimal likelihood of comeback from the customer.
    Vern.

There was a time, before Sam died, that WM closed at night and on Sundays, and you could actually get computer parts there - hard drives, memory, and occasionally even a power supply. Nowadays it just cheap expendable junk that keeps the masses coming back for more. Can't even buy fruit or bread there - it's mouldy before you get it home!

I read a couple of years ago that Tesco was gonna make a foray into the Americas. Being that i've not seen one yet, not sure if that worked out.

Wal Mart's meat and produce departments are pathetic at best. About the only thing my wife and I buy at Wal Mart is my wife's phone card (Straight Talk), Great Value milk and vanilla bean ice cream and occasionally Cobblestone English Muffins. That brand of muffins are $1.00 to $1.50 cheaper than anywhere else.
    They're Great Value milk and vanilla bean ice cream are actually pretty good, and cheap.

As Jerry mentioned above, Wal Mart was a decent place before Sam died. Now it's just a typical rip off corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    WalMart hasn't dropped it's other PC games...just Train sim.

With the plethora of other, dedicated gaming platforms, PC games have largely fallen from grace everywhere, not just WalMart.
    Then explain why I saw a TS2016 game for sale at the Walmart in my town (Woodland, CA). As an aside, I myself work for one of Walmart's grocery chains, and have far more knowledge of the internal workings of the corporation. I don't like working for the corporation, but keep inserting your foot in your mouth.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

This thread is beginning to sound like Mumsnet, now...!
    Vern.