Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willy's Philskene Q&A Thread

Cool Willy's Philskene Q&A Thread

If you are out there some ware, Phil, would you have an idea about what is going on when one cannot set commodity levels at an industry because the properties box is basically blank?

I noticed this phenomenon while trying to set up AI traffic on the " Quick and Dirty IndustRail " for Tane route.

I'm not asking you to fix anything but rather for future reference, how could I cause the proper options box to show-up?

I was able to add my AI's the old fashioned way in Portals: IndustRail East, IndustRail North, IndustRail West but all other Portals came up with a blank Properties Box when clicking on the Portal face. This was not a real problem though when I figured out how to use the Central Portal Control Rule.

The only industry I miss a little is ; IND Lys Minerals Warf -01 and maybe I am just not clicking in the exact spot to bring that one up. I used to get the bulk of my coal supplies there but since that industry has gone bankrupt I have found other suitable suppliers.

One I am really sure does not work is Acme Widgets Fuel Point. I must have clicked a thousand times all over that place and could not get a working properties box to pop up.

On the bright side, I think I'm ready to have a go at driving this route again in Tane. I took a hint from your wild and crazy session technique and I tried to make sure that all my favorite rolling stock appears in AI traffic just in case a few weeks in the future I wreck some cars, I can always commandeer a consist of new cars to replace them.

Thank you so much for sharing IndustRail with us!

Wild Willy the Wacko

I have found that sometimes the industry is too close to a building to grab the industry panel. I move the building straight up in the air, then I can get to the industry panel, make my edits, then lower the building back to ground level. Not sure if that is the problem you are going through but it sounds like it.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Angry Never mind, Phil my game is all turning red again.

I thought I finished putting my session together last night.

I had a really tough day today and I settled down to drive the session to relax and right off the bat I notice a couple coal consists missing and I go to investigate and just like last fall, assets in my game are turning faulty and not showing up in the game.

I need a couple days off to simmer!

Willy

That happens a lot with built in stuff. Best way is set the search filter in content manager to built in = true and faulty = true, then right click and select revert to original.

Hi Willy --

Yes, I'm out here.

What Bob says is true. When trying to grab an interactive industry the end result is getting the property box of a building or a structure instead. The Gas Works and the scrap gantry crane are particularly bad example of this. In fact, the "sphere of influence" of the gas works seems to stretch out to infinity, almost.

This "feature" seems to be much more pronounced in T:ANE than it was in TS12. Interactive industries that I could configure in TS12 are absolutely impossible to configure in T:ANE without moving an offending building horizontally or vertically to get it out of the way. I've never actually tried to do this in a session but if a building is moved I suspect that you might be presented with the dialogue box asking you to save the route as well as the session.

I've learnt the lesson and in my more recent T:ANE routes it should be possible to configure all industries.

Which T:ANE version of IndustRail are you using? There are two - the first was very quick and dirty; the second uses textures that work better in T:ANE, and includes a basic session where all the portals are configured.

If you or others want to try the second, download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sirpt8agp...ssion.cdp?dl=0

As with all my routes, it uses only built-in or Download Station dependencies. But do use Manage Content to make sure all the dependencies have been captured.

Have you tried my latest creation - a reworking of the classic narrow gauge Clear Lake Logging by slugsmasher? There are also sessions for it on the Download Station.

Best watched full screen and at 1080p:

Phil
    Last edited by philskene; 04-19-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Will what part of Pitt are you from? I live in Beaver.
    Bob Artim
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    That happens a lot with built in stuff. Best way is set the search filter in content manager to built in = true and faulty = true, then right click and select revert to original.
    Thanks, Snipe, I'll try that.

Willy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Hi Willy --

Yes, I'm out here.

What Bob says is true. When trying to grab an interactive industry the end result is getting the property box of a building or a structure instead. The Gas Works and the scrap gantry crane are particularly bad example of this. In fact, the "sphere of influence" of the gas works seems to stretch out to infinity, almost.

This "feature" seems to be much more pronounced in T:ANE than it was in TS12. Interactive industries that I could configure in TS12 are absolutely impossible to configure in T:ANE without moving an offending building horizontally or vertically to get it out of the way. I've never actually tried to do this in a session but if a building is moved I suspect that you might be presented with the dialogue box asking you to save the route as well as the session.

I've learnt the lesson and in my more recent T:ANE routes it should be possible to configure all industries.

Which T:ANE version of IndustRail are you using? There are two - the first was very quick and dirty; the second uses textures that work better in T:ANE, and includes a basic session where all the portals are configured.

If you or others want to try the second, download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sirpt8agp...ssion.cdp?dl=0

As with all my routes, it uses only built-in or Download Station dependencies. But do use Manage Content to make sure all the dependencies have been captured.

Have you tried my latest creation - a reworking of the classic narrow gauge Clear Lake Logging by slugsmasher? There are also sessions for it on the Download Station.

Best watched full screen and at 1080p:

Phil
    If this is true:
    "
    What Bob says is true. When trying to grab an interactive industry the end result is getting the property box of a building or a structure instead."

then I would expect to get a properties box that says something about that " building or structure " not an empty box with the only information Layer= Route-Layer.

As far as this is concerned:

"I've never actually tried to do this in a session but if a building is moved I suspect that you might be presented with the dialogue box asking you to save the route as well as the session."

I assumed that that would happen and I try to do nothing that is going to change the original route in any physical type way. That is why I am so irritated that the default in these properties boxes seem to try and trick me into changing the original by coming up " Save new route and session".

This is news to me and it was only about two weeks ago that I went searching for the post where I found out about the quick and dirty:

I'm sure going to go for the newer one and I assume that I should be able to suck the session out of my current version and then inject it into the new route when I get it?????

I don't want your head to get so big that it explodes but this:

"As with all my routes, it uses only built-in or Download Station dependencies. But do use Manage Content to make sure all the dependencies have been captured."

is a reason why I checkout your routes first. You seem to think of everything and you make the route "User Friendly".

I may not be getting back to you guys about this too soon cause my wife is in the hospital and I'm between visits.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko
    Last edited by CWA13000; 04-21-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Will what part of Pitt are you from? I live in Beaver.
    I live in the North Hills on the mountain behind the McKnight road Best Buy. You could probably spit on me from the West View/Perrysville exit of 279 on your way to Pittsburgh.

One of my sons lives out your way in Wampum, he is a couple seconds off the Beaver turnpike exit. It's the large " auto-business-look'in" garage in front of the Kopple Big Beaver Sportsman's Club. We are members there and with sharing a property line with the club, it's like he has a couple hundred acre back yard!

Willy

Phil, got your TS12 to Tane Industrail. Looking good except for the wooden platforms that are green and pink and white squares. I tried replacing them on another version of the route along with the little red truck that was levitating. Had some luck with it, but not total success. I don't really k now what I am doing yet with route building in TANE but I am learning.

I have one question, how do you make the switch arrows turned off when you start a session like your is? I looked through all the files and rules you were using and found nothing to point to how you turned them off.
    Bob Artim