Thread: Editing Door Side Open Text---OBTS...

Default Editing Door Side Open Text---OBTS...

I might as well try it... ill back it up and edit away...lol---your right the 7 is an older route, but I think its worth fixing for a home to the TOMC.

If you would be so kind to show me the ropes on changing door side/ auto vs manual ect...if I can smooth it out, I wont get dinged for door open points at every stop. I will coast the route and note sides ect first---then well try to edit them...I actually do like goofing with files FYI...Thanks OBTS ahead of time...

Trackedops
    See this link for help on editing the station door controls in route files:
    http://bveklub.hu/developing/route_c...track_stations
    Read, comprehend, execute, and enjoy!

OBTS

Thanks OBTS... how do I tell if I need to upgrade my BVE install? ... also my route files are in exel...is that right?
    Last edited by Trackedops; 04-18-2016 at 08:40 PM.

To find the Release Date and Version Number of the OpenBve program you are currently using,
    in Windows:
    ~ RightClick File OPENBVE.EXE
    ~ Go To PROPERTIES>DETAILS
    ~ Note The DATE MODIFIED and FILE VERSION
    If you are happy with a specific version, you do not have to upgrade the OpenBve program.
    Just be aware that trains and routes written later may not be fully compatible with that older version.

Do NOT use MS-Exel to edit OpenBve route or object CSV files; it make a mess by adding many unnecessary commas.
    Use freeware NotePad2; download from here:
    http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html

OBTS
    Last edited by OBTS; 04-18-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Obts=obve guru...thanks

Well im still working on the door edit thing...even though it now works fine as an auto-open (as long as I hit the stop correctly)---I would still like to learn more...

the other thing is my version of OBVE which is 1412---is this current, and if theres newer, what are the bennies? thanks again...