Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirov railway division - main topic!

Thumbs up Kirov railway division - main topic!

It's a main topic about Kirov division of Gorky railway of Russian railways for my photos, that not suited to the other topics and for your questions.

In 1899 year was build line Perm-Kirov-Kotlas, in 1906 was build line Vologda-Kotelnich-Kirov, line Vologda-Kirov-Perm became part of Transsiberian railway. In 1927 was built line Nizhniy Novgorod-Kotelnich, in 1940 was built line Yar-Svetlopolyansk and Gayno-Kaysk's railway (this railway was built for work of extensive network of GULAG prisons, many prisoners are work on the deforestation, this railway was export timber, now many prisons and parts of this railway are closed), in 1961 year to locomotive yard Lyangasovo received first diesel locos - ТЭ3 (TE3), in 1963 to Kirov arrives first AC-electric locomotive - ВЛ60 (VL60). Line Latyshskiy-Rechnoy owned by company "Лесной профиль" (Forest Profile), Line Yurya - Yurya-2 - 9th Area owned by Russian Armed Forces (8th ICBM Division of Russian Strategic Rocket Forces).

Map of Kirov division:

Intermediate stations - small stations with freight operations. Bearing stations - larger intermediate stations with our shunting locomotives. Pecinct stations - stations, where formed local freight trains, changes locomotives and/or locomotive crews, there is a refueling and minor repairs of locmotives and cars. Freight stations - stations with large amounts of freight operations. Passenger station - station with our passenger cars and where creates passenger trains. Numbers before names of stations - mileage (in kilometers).

Headquarters of Kirov division:

Alexandr Nebolsin - chief of Kirov railway division:

Steam locomotive Er - only locomotive in Kirov's railway museum (located in center of Kirov):

Kirov's railway technical school:

Named train "Вятка" (Vyatka) Kirov-Moscow, now repainted to standart grey livery:

Vyatka train in Soviet period:

Bonus - Dymkovo toys. Most famous Russian handicart is Matryoshka doll, but in Russia exists lot of other handicarts. Dymkovo toy - one of symbols of Kirov region, this toys invented in village Dymkovo near Kirov:

Many of these photos are not mine.

Various photos of preserved steam locomotive Er-788-84:

Location of this locomotive: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=58...80%D0%BE%D0%B2

2011 year, my group in railway technical school:

Training console:

Small copies of flatcar and gondola in my railway technical school:

Training aids:

I ran out photos of station Kirov-Kotlasskiy, so I want open new topic. Which topic would you like to see?
    1) Deadlock station Kirov-Zavodskaya (see to map in the first message) - located in the northern part of Kirov, this station services important plants.
    2) Station Dolgushino - located in Komintern - northeast part of Kirov, that located on the other side of Vyatka river, it's a place, where combined town and village. On this station I was on the practice during the last class of railway technical school.
    3) Piece between stations Pozdino and Poloy - it's a part of Transsiberian railway with hard traffic of freight and passenger trains, located in Novovyatsk - southeastern suburb of Kirov near Vyatka river.
    4) Some small station between Kirov and Kotlas, similar with Vazyuk station.

Your variant? And do you like my non-railway photos?
    Vladislav

22 May 2016, track between stations Lyangasovo and Strizhi:
    Vladislav

Strizhi station:

Track between Strizhi and Orichi:
    Vladislav

Bystryagi station:

Somewhere near Kotelnich:
    Vladislav

28 May 2016, somewhere near Kotelnich:
    Vladislav

View to stations Orichi and Strizhi:
    Vladislav

Today photos! Somewhwere between Almezh and Latyshskiy, captured from train for MOW workers:
    Vladislav