Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sli cnw sd45

Default Sli cnw sd45

Next up is the former SLI CEFX SD40M-2, transformed into a proper SD45. That's to say the trucks fit the tracks! This is CNW 6500, complete with the usual addons to include raised radiator air instakes, rear MU boxes, classification lights, beacon, horn, raised number boards and other additions. She is a beast!

Pete
    Only you can stop Fred Flintstone wheels

Pete, that is excellent work!

Looking forward to downloading and running!

Pete what do I need to do to make the other unit from the same set fit the rail? I used it as a repaint and noticed it but I was not sure what to change to fix it.

repaint.jpg.

You can do nothing in short to that shape. I know you can alpha away portions of shapes to make them invisible, then substitute shapes. However I don't know if you can alpha out a truck and substitute a new properly sized truck with rotating wheels.

After checking I found out I used the CITX SD40_M-2. How did you get your SD45 to ride the rails if you don't mine me asking.
    Last edited by MsSheare; 05-02-2016 at 08:13 PM.

I did nothing to it, perhaps shape file manager can be used to shift that locomotive up, down, left or right.

Progress continues. Made a new horn for the SD45, removed the sun shades, added vents for battery boxes, radiator air intakes, raised fuel tank port and raised dynamic brake access doors. You will also see some of the SD40-2's I have been working on with similar details. For one I corrected the low hood as it has no side vent and added a detailed bell and broom. For fun I made a new caboose and added a dude to it.

Pete

CNW SD45 #6500 was just uploaded to the OR file library. I swear the hardest art is writing instructions. This unit will require some shape modification which Jeff Auberpine has taught me. So now there is a proper SD45 that fits the rails. Here is a shot of another SD45 that CNW acquired from Conrail. Ain't she trashy?

Pete

Will we be seeing the trashy unit in the library as well?

Hey, I ain't no pimp! She is too naughty to be in public. Seriously I'll wait for the feedback on the first SD45. Putting these units together is a bit more involved as there is shape modification on the users end.