Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dekosoft BNSF Mainline Power

Default Dekosoft BNSF Mainline Power

FYI Chip just released his BNSF Mainline Power set for Open Rails. Great set. I know as I helped beta test it.

http://www.dekosoft.com/trains/bnsf-mainline-power/
    Charles

Hi Charles,

Can we buy this BNSF set if we live outside the US?

regards Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TGM View Post
    Hi Charles,

Can we buy this BNSF set if we live outside the US?

regards Tom
    You have to ask Chip. I have nothing to do with purchase process. I just get to test the ENGs and monitor the forum.

The process is through PayPal.
    Charles

I'm sorry, but our licensing agreement with the owner of the trademarks doesn't permit us to sell BNSF items outside the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by dekosoft View Post
    I'm sorry, but our licensing agreement with the owner of the trademarks doesn't permit us to sell BNSF items outside the U.S.
    Purely out of academic interest.... Is that because they WON'T license it or because they're asking silly money TO license it? Considering they were THE cover Railroad of the original MSTS this current stance has to be seen as rather ludicrous?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Purely out of academic interest.... Is that because they WON'T license it or because they're asking silly money TO license it? Considering they were THE cover Railroad of the original MSTS this current stance has to be seen as rather ludicrous?
    I do believe it is down to a trade mark issue. If it is the same reason Rail works was given.

In that case why don't you do a no-liveried version at the same price and supply the skin at no cost?
    Or just do a vanilla and someone else is bound to come up with a freeware livery.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Silly it may be, BNSF will only license products for sale in countries where they have their trademarks registered. They don't care if they were on the cover of the MSTS box. It's not for a lack of payware providers trying to convince them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Silly it may be, BNSF will only license products for sale in countries where they have their trademarks registered. They don't care if they were on the cover of the MSTS box. It's not for a lack of payware providers trying to convince them otherwise.
    I think you are right about that they don't care about MSTS... But I think that is only as small part of it.

Like you said, about "where they have their trademarks registered." If it is not registered, outside of North America, then it doesn't matter if it is MSTS... or ORTS, RUN8, Trainz or any of the others... or even... "Tee Shirts", or "Videos" (For Example)... Sales concerning products with their name on it, won't be allowed. It's just one of those (I think they are called) "Blanket"? Policies. One that covers ALL products, just to keep things simple.

Sadly that makes things extremely difficult for consumers...

Unless someone who is interested in it, is lucky enough to find someone in North America to make a "Gift" purchase for them...
    Last edited by MCDemuth; 05-08-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

Shame, as that BNSF ac4400cw looks good too. MSTS does not have an BNSF AC4400CW (square window model). There are repaints around but not an original model. Anyway, good work.

regards Tom