Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dekosoft BNSF Mainline Power

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    While I applaud Dekosoft for producing 3D cabs, the latest generation of models contain a fair number of inaccurate details. As an example, the whole lot of the ES44 models do not have the stack area modeled to match the prototypes. While other things might be characterized as nit-picks, that particular inaccurate detail is pretty glaringly obvious. Other payware vendors (DW, Streamlines, Ed's) have gotten that and a lot other details modeled much more accurately.
    Google for "es44ac cab interior Stack area" gets no hits. What do you refer to as "Stack area"?

Is it this? If so what is wrong? Looks the same as this: http://www.railpictures.net/photo/311439/ to me.
    BNSF6581cab-o.jpg

And did I miss something; when did DW, Streamlines and Ed come out with 3dCabs?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crstagg; 05-08-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    Charles

I do believe the stack area is where the clag comes out.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

The exhaust stack area is what I was referring to. Overall, the exteriors of the Dekosoft locos are just not up to the same standard as the current offerings from DW, Streamlines, Ed's, etc., in my opinion.

The exhaust stack area is what I was referring to. Overall, the exteriors of the Dekosoft locos are just not up to the same standard as the current offerings from DW, Streamlines, Ed's, etc., in my opinion.
    Oh! So you were talking about the Exterior, but started talking about the cab.

Here are two screenshots of the Exhaust area of 2 ES44DCs. What is right or wrong with them?

Capturex.JPG Capturey.JPG
    Charles

Here are two screenshots to compare--a Deskosoft ES44 (left photo), and a DW ES44 (right photo). DW has the details correct.
    dekosoft es44.jpg dw csx es44.jpg

Any screens of the V3.0 rolling stock?

Also, this is $16.00, for the locomotive power, plus additional rolling stock and common files.

Engines alone from DW are $15.99. One penny less. Now of course there is much more detail than that of Dekosoft.

I guess what I am trying to say is. The price shows the work. Kind of like Bachmann products and Pacific West models..

I don't have the Dekosoft set. I'm broke, but I would like to get it. I've always enjoyed Dekosoft's work. To be honest, it appears they are still the only ones to have a proper RDMT unit, that is set up properly (not including the RDMT's I did off the SLI model). DW, MLT, SLI, Ed's Trains, still don't offer that!
    Last edited by CSRX; 05-08-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Any screens of the V3.0 rolling stock?

..........!
    See all the rotating pictures (not the one at the top of the page) at http://www.dekosoft.com/trains/bnsf-mainline-power/
    Charles

[QUOTE=agebhard;1895625]..............
    In Shape Viewer image AC4400_I.ace is shown as missing though it is there. When I rename a copy of CABINT.ACE to AC4400_I.ace then the image is shown.

Creating a consist in Consist Editor does not shown thumbnail images and later caused a crash.
    [QUOTE]

Yes, when viewing an AC4400 shape or ENG file in Shape Viewer you get the AC4400_i.ace file as missing. However, when running the ENG in ORTS, the cab shows correctly and there is no error about the AC4400_i.ace file in the OR Log file.
    BUT I found another AC4400_i.ace in the \Trains\Trainset\dekosoft_bnsf_6axle2\Cabview3D folder and when I replace the one in the \Trains\Trainset\dekosoft_bnsf_6axle2 folder with the one from the Cabview3D folder then Shape Viewer does NOT report it missing.
    Chip is investigating this.

As stated on the Dekosoft web site "PRO EDITION SETS FOR OPEN RAILS". These models are for ORTS not MSTS. The shapes contain more Kujus than MSTS can process. Yes the MSTS AE Consist Editor cannot be used to create/edit consist with these engines, but all the other consist editors can use them to create/edit consists.
    Last edited by crstagg; 05-09-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    Charles

I agree - the Dekosoft models would have been top notch circa 2004-2005, but don't come close to today's current offerings from other payware vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by kknobl View Post
    I agree - the Dekosoft models would have been top notch circa 2004-2005, but don't come close to today's current offerings from other payware vendors.
    Those of us around since the start of MSTS will remember Dekosoft from that era. Can't remember when now but they seemed to lose interest in the Sim and eventually stopped producing anything. I believe the site closed down too? After some considerable break they're back but progress amongst other developers, freeware and payware, has progressed steadily in their absence with improvements like BIN, better hardware etc. making more and more sophisticated models usable in MSTS ....and even more so in OR. Even 3D cabs were done first by BLW (in MSTS) and of course to those dabbling in RW/TS20XX they're used to better graphics in many of these too? Even the added rolling stock, judging from shots on the site, looks rather "model railwayish" and REAL Model Railway stock comes weathered nowadays? ....as does the stock from most MSTS/OR payware producers. Given the many talented freeware Re-Skinners and Modellers for MSTS it's hard to see who the customer base will be? Here in the UK MSTS/OR Payware is almost (if not completely) dead so I hate to see anyone producing stuff not succeed but going head to head with longstanding producers with the same models seems an odd choice?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK