Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blue Boats

Silly question maybe, but what's the secret for getting the long-hood door panels open on the CR units?

As far as I've worked out so far Curt, only 2971 & 2974 have moving parts and the Q key & shift/Q are what you need (in ORTS at least). I may be missing some additional features though.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ossie View Post
    It worked fine for me Rob. I did them initially then weathered a couple up a bit and redid the thumbs for them. They're all displaying fine.
    Thanks Peter, guess a fresh install of routeriter could help. Must find my premium txt file before I do that.

Just a point of order, as I've heard that my posts were taken by some out of context. I've never had a problem with Scott OR his customer service, and would rate him as a first rate guy. My post was made out of a sense of confusion as to why I hadn't received the invite when, as far as I know, I am in good standing with him, and I consider him to be a friend, and feel terrible about the negative opinions that may have resulted from said post that was published out of a sense of concern. I had sent him a few emails and hadn't heard from him, but as Shawn has said, that was likely just due to him being overwhelmed with the new site and new requests... not any fault of his, just the situation. I'm sure when he has time to come up for air it will all be resolved one way or the other.

This dog-pile that seems to have resulted with everyone jumping on Scott over business practices/customer services etc. was not intended, and as far as I am concerned, not warranted. If there is something wrong, I'm sure that is a legitimate concern and will be addressed at the appropriate time.
    - Chris N.
    So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people... and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

Chris,
    It could be. It took some time for him to reply to me as well. Always has, and from my own point of view, I completely understand his. As someone mentioned. Some folks do have health issues, or friends/family that may have issues. Some folks even have families of their own. It seems as if a lot of folks here "complaining" and slamming Scott and his work, do not, and will not understand that, or get that in their heads. Those are what I honestly like to call, the gimmie gimmie crowd. That show little to no respect to others.
    Every time SLI, DW, etc release something new, or announce, it seems like the same exact ones with the same exact words, whining about the same exact things over and over again like a broke record. For awhile I thought all that was tucked away, but it seems to be spilling out again.
    Of course, who is left for moderators? Eric and Dave? And I know for a fact, both of them have personal lives as the payware vendors, and freeware folks do, and do not spend 24/7 on their computers.

Without a doubt, I don't believe you to be one of the "bad" apples for Scott to do such a thing towards you, Chris. That has, and always will be my perspective towards you, as you are one hell of a guy yourself and you haven't done wrong in the years I have known you.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Chris, Shawn.....

Firstly I didn't see anyone rubbishing the work.

Secondly of course responding to dozens of individual enquiries takes way too much time.....

BUT that's what a Forum is for?

It doesn't get any simpler when it comes to addressing a wide audience with a common interest?

If that's an issue please PM me with an explanation?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Maybe he doesn't post on here because he doesn't feel the need to deal with some "disgruntled" folks that seem to be that way no matter what. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't respond either.

Personally this is why I have decided to get back into Model Railroading. I can do things how I please, and I can easily wait on a pre-orders that won't come out for another year. If something has a "fault" in it, who cares, I model N scale, most can't really see all the nitty gritty details.

I don't know. I'm not even sure why I bother to post how I feel on the subject, because it seems like no one is ever happy with what Scott does, except a select few. Sadly others feel the need to end up looking elsewhere for his items. Can only explain further with what he does with his website.

If you google MSTS (insert payware company name) free download, I'm sure you will get many results. Much like you do with music and movies..
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

At the end of the day, folks, the bottom line is that it is Scott's business and he is free to operate it in whichever manner he sees fit. Whether or not you agree with it, like it, disagree with it, that's just how it is.

As Shawn says, some feel the need to "go elsewhere" for his products. Those who do this often tip their hand in some way and trust me, Scott is far more aware of what goes on in these forums than you might suspect. If you fall into this category, you probably shouldn't wonder why he won't respond to you. To be clear, I am not saying any person participating in this thread has done this, but just putting out there as food for thought.

If you take the time to study these types of threads, it's the continual "repeating" in post after post that so many people are dissatisfied with Scott and/or his products that blow it so out of proportion, not the number of actual posters originally saying it.
    10 people in a street crowd of 100 people, sound like whispers. But when the other 90 repeat what that 10 said.....just sayin'
    Last edited by qballbandit; 06-04-2016 at 12:56 AM.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.