Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSX on the Florida Panhandle, activities by BP

Post CSX on the Florida Panhandle, activities by BP

Hello everyone!

Usually if you see me posting screenshots they are activities of my own design. However I've decided to change things up a bit for the time being. I noticed that Bob Pickering posted an activity pack for the CSX P&A and Tallahassee Subdivision relatively in modern day (I can't quite place an era because no ES44s are represented, but its present day otherwise). First up is CSX Q18027 with a trio of UP locomotives and a healthy cut of TIPX empties on the front.

Coming over E Wright and N Alcaniz Streets in Pensacola, FL heading eastbound.

Skirting Pensacola Bay by Devil's Point.

Heading over Escambia Bay, towards Mulat and Bagdad.

Passing through DuFuniak Springs, heading towards Chattahoochee

More exciting adventures to come in Florida, stay tuned!

EK

A... "situation" unfolded early morning on May 30th. Early morning, Q60929 slammed into a truck at the Baum Road crossing in Capitola, FL. The lead locomotive was damaged to the point where it could no longer being able to lead the train. 5 hours after the train hit the truck, M942 gets ready to head out to rescue the train.

M94230, an extra local crew for the Tallahassee to Madison local, gets ready to rescue the train in Capitola.

M942 coming by the Tallahassee train station, used by Amtrak until 2005.

Here we see M942 approaching Q609 to tack on and bring him to Tallahassee.

CSXT 1550 + 4 closing in on Tallahassee, where they will figure out the power situation to continue south (west).

More to come, stay tuned!

EK

Nice shots. One of the lesser explored routes that exist.

Continuing the saga, M94230 arrives into Tallahasse yard to drop off the damaged CSXT 591 and at least one GP15-1. The plan was to use the 1550 westbound towards Pensacola.

Due to problems with the 1550 leading with the 2 AC44s, it was necessary to use the 1539 long hood forward westbound. After 3 hours working Tallahassee we see M94230 continue west towards Chattahoochee.

Almost 12 hours after hitting the car in Capitola, Q60929 arrives for its crew change in Chattahoochee, the next crew will take the Q609 westbound towards Pensacola

EK

On a very rainy morning we see K92203 at the Anderson columbia facility. This is a quick run to take the train to Chattahoochee Yard where it'll pick up its crew to Baldwin.

Coming over the Apalachicola River, arriving into Chattahoochee.

Yarding in Chattahoochee and tying down, awaiting a new crew to be called.

EK

Nice stuff man I have the route and really enjoy running it I might have to post more soon.

The one thing I wish I could have done when I did the scale rail upgrade to this route, was lay down mosaic to get rid of the "grassy" areas between the tracks on the sidings and such. Wish I hadn't lost the Florida Funnel upgrade either..

Either way it's really great to see pictures from this route. I enjoyed running locals on it. May have to download and pick that up again.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Q17905 departing Chattahoochee with a CSX SD70-series pair.

Crossing over the Apalachicola River

Heading into the night, hitting Pensacola after nightfall.

EK

After a short hiatus from the route, back for K99713 with an interesting pair of units in the lead. Although the train was short it was a pesky one to get up some stiff grades.

Departing Pensacola

Over Pensacola Bay

Heading for DeFuniak Springs

Arriving at the gravel facility

EK

They served the Herzog train in Burlington, VT too.

My own image from the yard, the day they came up. I had to shut them down for the weekend.

MSTS version.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png