Thread: Keddie Wye in fog

Default Keddie Wye in fog

Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Very nice.

Thanks, OR is such an easy environment to photograph in.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Moody Shot but the fog looks more like a London Smog from my childhood in the 50's. Forest/scrub fire perhaps ?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Moody Shot but the fog looks more like a London Smog from my childhood in the 50's.
    The deadly "black fog"?

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair_Engo View Post
    The deadly "black fog"?
    No it was known as "SMOG". Caused by smoke from coal fires mixing with natural fog. It produced a choking dark dense fog and lead to "The Clean Air Act" banning the burning of anything but Smokeless Fuel. The wide adoption of Central Heating in more modern homes mean that the only way you'll see it now is in old films or newsreels .....luckily.

Forest fires of course are still very much a terrible phenomenon
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Moody Shot but the fog looks more like a London Smog from my childhood in the 50's. Forest/scrub fire perhaps ?
    I would say "mysterious" not moody, but as with every 2D image (photo or painting or what-have-you) each viewer brings their own set of life experiences to the viewing.

Fog in northern California comes in many types and can certainly be very thick. Depending upon the time of day it can appear very luminescent or dark and forbidding. So...upon reflection this is much more "dark and forbidding" than luminescent - so "moody" is certainly applicable.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 06-11-2016 at 01:17 PM.