Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UE4 and DTG

Thanks for the links Otto, so, basically then, anytime between now and 2017, that's another 12 months at least then, in DTG time......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Thanks for the links Otto, so, basically then, anytime between now and 2017, that's another 12 months at least then, in DTG time......
    Remains to be seen whether their program coders have learned to create TS-2017, or whatever it will be called, having fully working signalling blocks and loco physics, as well as editors which can be used to create or modify their UE4 DLCs !

Hopefully will also supply Freeroam scenarios again, having random consists AI spawners which can launch one of them into any limited distance direction at set intervals, as soon as they can sense an approaching Player which is close enough to see the AI they have launched and have it disappear again when it is out of sight of the player !

That can be done by them having 2 handles which can be pulled into both directions, taking any obscuring terrain into account.

That should ease the CPUs and GPUs workload no end, not causing any stuttering when just one is being launched and is running in large routes !

Real World graphics looking good, also in the distance, are easier to create with UE4, as their Fishing Simulator shows !

Looking forward to their first videos, showing locos running on 3D concrete ties tracks without any MOIRE in switches and elsewhere !

Hope to live that long !

I do not see anything in UE4 that will handle signal scripting , loco physics or the AI dispatcher. This seem that DTG will have to code these externally from UE4. Something they have not been good at. Perhaps I am wrong but from what I have seem this seems to be the case.

Well I don't see anything about 2017 and UE4, let alone just UE4. Something that big you shouldn't have to go searching through haystacks to find needles. They must've dropped the whole idea some time ago. - Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    Well I don't see anything about 2017 and UE4, let alone just UE4. Something that big you shouldn't have to go searching through haystacks to find needles. They must've dropped the whole idea some time ago. - Rich
    Its right under your nose in my first link to GOOGLE.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/tswgoty/discussions/0/522730702236693947/

Quote Originally Posted by jamesphh View Post
    I do not see anything in UE4 that will handle signal scripting , loco physics or the AI dispatcher. This seem that DTG will have to code these externally from UE4. Something they have not been good at. Perhaps I am wrong but from what I have seem this seems to be the case.
    UE4 is just a Graphics Editor like all the others, but is much better, as can be seen in its many videos and developers using it have to create their own specific code which their Simulator or Game needs, using suitable for doing that Scripting with UE4 !

DTG, having converted their Fishing Simulator, should know some of what it takes, but requires experts who know all about what makes Railroads Physics and Signalling perform in a Train Simulator, so far no TS has achieved !

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post

Its right under your nose in my first link to GOOGLE.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/tswgoty/discussions/0/522730702236693947/

That link is to a 2 year old topic.

Like.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

May so but it might still be relevant, do you think?
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV