Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant "Wheel Slip"

Default Constant "Wheel Slip"

Hello, since upgrading to X3571 I am having a consistent/constant "wheelslip" and "traction reduced" message as well as the very annoying beeping buzzer.

This is happening with Surfliner CabCar #6905 on activity EK-Amtrak 784 Part 1, but it does occur on other CabCar activities.

Any suggestions? This is occurring much more since the upgrade, before it would go away, but this is occurring this time with NO throttle (0-throttle) and 1% train braking (no loco brake) with the CabCar leading.

You're being pushed by the heaver Engine at the rear of the train.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello, since upgrading to X3571 I am having a consistent/constant "wheelslip" and "traction reduced" message as well as the very annoying beeping buzzer.

This is happening with Surfliner CabCar #6905 on activity EK-Amtrak 784 Part 1, but it does occur on other CabCar activities.

Any suggestions? This is occurring much more since the upgrade, before it would go away, but this is occurring this time with NO throttle (0-throttle) and 1% train braking (no loco brake) with the CabCar leading.
    Couple of ideas -
    You could adjust the two adhesion factor sliders on the Options\Experimental tab to something easier.

Look in the "global" SOUND folder for buzzer.wav or control buzzer.wav, and subtitute a silent.wav ( none.wav, silent.wav, etc ) for it - renaming it of course to match the original. Keep the default file by renaming it default_buzzer or something.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    You're being pushed by the heaver Engine at the rear of the train.
    But there is no pushing as such, I am getting this happening at any speed above 15mph with no braking and 0.0 level track and even downhill with zero throttle. I will try another Push-Pull set, this one is by 3D Trains, their Surfliner Package. I will try one of the GO Transit sets in it's place and see what happens with that set from somewhere.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

You can always check the log to see if patches were applied since the most current weekly version. The log tells you what was worked on for each version change

https://james-ross.co.uk/projects/or/log

If there is a patch applied to a newer version that might address your problem, go into options tab and click on 'unstable', and it will prompt you to update to the most recent. After updating, then put your update options back to 'testing' where it was.

If it still doesn't work, then there is a real issue that the team needs to address.

The log can also tell you when recent changes were made on adhesion (ver 3569), and you can go back to the version just prior (3568) to prove definitively whether the problem was introduced then.

I believe it is something in the ENG file because I tried the same Act with the GO Transit consist, with the F59PHI by KLW & Steven West, and no slippage at all under the same running conditions.

Is there a particular line in the ENG file that would affect "traction" and is the group: (this is the KLW Eng File)

AntiSlip ( )
    Adheasion ( 0.275 0.53 1.8 0 )
    DerailRailHeight ( 5cm )
    DerailRailForce ( 2.5*135.399t )
    DerailBufferForce ( 312kN )
    NumWheels ( 8 )
    Friction (
    1272.6N/m/s -0.05 1.0mph 12.835N/m/s 1.892
    5.1N/rad/s 1 -1rad/s 0 1
    )

Should I compare these lines or is there something else in the file to look at?

I have the most up to date version and every train is now wheel slipping and getting a car brake slip error in the train it's not just 1 train doing this it's nearly all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    I believe it is something in the ENG file because I tried the same Act with the GO Transit consist, with the F59PHI by KLW & Steven West, and no slippage at all under the same running conditions.

Is there a particular line in the ENG file that would affect "traction" and is the group: (this is the KLW Eng File)

AntiSlip ( )
    Adheasion ( 0.275 0.53 1.8 0 )
    DerailRailHeight ( 5cm )
    DerailRailForce ( 2.5*135.399t )
    DerailBufferForce ( 312kN )
    NumWheels ( 8 )
    Friction (
    1272.6N/m/s -0.05 1.0mph 12.835N/m/s 1.892
    5.1N/rad/s 1 -1rad/s 0 1
    )

Should I compare these lines or is there something else in the file to look at?
    I noticed in the ENG file for the GO unit the "AntiSlip ( ) has nothing between the brackets, but the 3D Trains Surfliner unit has a 0: (0) and as well the "adhesion" numbers are quite different and the "Friction" line also has differing values.

I think the problem with the cabcars lies in the eng file, specifically the power. In the one I tried the HP/ton ratio is very high which will lead to wheelspin. I don't think there is a need for powered cabcars in OR but will check to make sure.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

This ORTS Wheelslip functions needs to be seen to as it goes mad when using Accelerated speed with CTRL-ALT-PAGE UP !

The contents of the F1 window could also do with responding to the Mouse Wheel Scroll function !