Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant "Wheel Slip"

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    I think the problem with the cabcars lies in the eng file, specifically the power. In the one I tried the HP/ton ratio is very high which will lead to wheelspin. I don't think there is a need for powered cabcars in OR but will check to make sure.
    I do not think this is necessary, just a modification with the "pusher" engine files. In my test I substituted the GO #902 unit by KLW and with the same 3D-Trains Surfliner cars, no wheel slip at all at any speed. That is why I don't believe the wheelslip has anything to do with the cars' physics.

BTW - The manual for ORTS as just updated on June 17 . There were some changes made very recently in adhesion and wheelslip - They could be in the manual . I know the changes were made right before x3571 and I think at X3573 .. I'm using X3577 and no problems so far.
    Just a thought !

I will try with that update, tomorrow. Work gets in the way sometimes............LOL

I am using X3577 and everything is fine except the surfliner cabcars that have eng files. I am going to reduce the cabcar maxpower by quite a lot and max the loco maxpower and see what happens.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I modified a high powered cabcar , MaxPower ( 2244kW) that had severe wheelslip and changed it to MaxPower ( 44kW). I also reduced Maxforce to 90 and MaxContinuousForce to 26.6. No more wheelspin warnings.

I am not having that issue with the 3D-Trains Surfliner CabCar, It has minimal "Power @ 70kw" and works just fine with the KLW loco.

It is nothing to do with the pushing loco, and everything to do with the cabcar. Your 70kw should be fine, but my 2K+w was too much power for the weight of the car. The 3DTS cab forwards engines have the same problem with the trailing engine unit, but in that case it is weight that need to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by bwbrgb View Post
    BTW - The manual for ORTS as just updated on June 17 . There were some changes made very recently in adhesion and wheelslip - They could be in the manual . I know the changes were made right before x3571 and I think at X3573 .. I'm using X3577 and no problems so far.
    Just a thought !
    I do not believe that any updates have been made to the published OR manual since the 1.1 release (- even though the date was changed on the website - check the date on the cover of the Manual). The discussions and any suggested new numbers may be on the Elvas Tower forums.
    Last edited by sidp; 06-24-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    Sid P.

The manual did not have its' publish date changed, but the size is different between the original 1.1 version and the current one. OR does have an issue of not listing the changes for each revision of the manual.

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by gkhager View Post
    The manual did not have its' publish date changed, but the size is different between the original 1.1 version and the current one. OR does have an issue of not listing the changes for each revision of the manual.

Geoff
    OR doesn't have an "issue" with indicating changes in the Manual. The OR team just ignores requests by the users to mark the changes.
    Charles