Thread: How to break Open Rails

Exclamation How to break Open Rails

I just found this Bug / Glitch / Tool in Open Rails. I was just looking at my controls when I saw this curious debug control called 'Simulation Speed' (Ctrl+Alt+PageUP/PageDown). I tried it and then I realised that I could change the simulation speed to over 100,000% and even more. This sometimes crashed OR and sometimes caused it to glitch as my slow hard drive could not keep up with the speed causing unloaded sections, extreme lag and graphical glitches.
    You can try this because the other parts of your computer aren't affected. Here are some screenshots:or.JPG
    I hope in the future they put a limit to the simulation speed so people don't crash their openrails just because they're a bit impatient.

Yes, I am using it many times when speed-testing a route in ORTS, but have not gone berserk running it at a speed where I can no longer see in detail what I am looking at !

Fools rush in where engineers fear to tread!
    Charles

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." -Douglas Adams

Yeah, you can overload your processor doing this, but I wouldn't call it a bug as much as intentional end-user abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xtrap View Post
    I tried it and then I realised that I could change the simulation speed to over 100,000% and even more.
    If you change over to using camera 8 and press shift (for speed) does it more real fast too or does it remain as sluggish as ever?
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

I had that idea too but unfortunately you still move at the same sluggish speed when you raise the simulation speed.
    I actually don't like the X'trapolis train as much as my name would suggest.

I have tested that error and yes, ORTS crashes when driving at too high an accelerated speed !

The repeating
    Overspeed warnings should also be suppressed when driving fast in that mode !

OPENRAILS-LOG.zip