Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My Run8 Journal

Thank You.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ezra; 04-17-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Default Update for V2

Run8 has released a second update for V2.

Default Back From Hiatus

Took some time away from Run8. She still lives on the HD. She looks better as well on my new 4K monitor.

Default A Christmas Gift From Run8

Thank You Run8 for the two free re-paints and configs of the SD70!

The two free locomotives are on the right. Check the front page of their website. It is nice to have two UP SD70`s now. And of course the NS is nice as well.

Note: Now if Run8 would be so kind as to release the CN SD70 on boxing day as well---please, please, wink, wink. ;-)

Default Run8 on the new Rig

Running Run8 in 4K. More pics to come. The pics do not do justice to what I see on the 4K monitor. Run8 is stunning in 4K if one has the hardware to run it this way. It makes Run8 look like a new sim.

As some may know I built a new rig with 8700K, GTX1080ti, 32MB Ram, SSD and the FPS and smoothness at full settings is remarkable. I wish I could upload the originals so everyone can see how good it looks. The distance with haze etc. is very impressive. At 4K there is no need for anti-aliasing and the shimmering is virtually non-existent.

Cheers
    Last edited by Ezra; 08-26-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Default Plastic Pellet Cars

More rolling stock for the collector. ;-)

Default Single Player Experience

Few pics winding down at the office. I still get lots of enjoyment in the single player experience at my convenience. I can pull over and dispatch whenever I like regardless of prototypical doctrine. It is my train sim world. It is my experience.

Default Revisit Tehachapi

For those of you who wondered what happened to me. I was away for a few years due to other life commitments. Anyway, I`m back. Here are some pics on the down hill side at Walong (351.8) marker.

Note: The pics were taken in 4K resolution. If you want to run in higher resolution while maintaining accetable FPS go for a better CPU, rather than a new GPU. Run8 is CPU dependent. Furthermore, with the latest Nvidea drivers (441.66) you can now cheat resolution, and "sharpen" the image (with new feature) called "Image Sharpening." This new feature works with lower resolution monitors as well.

Run8 has never looked better. Try not to prematurely inoculate yourself from the potential of Run8 with silly games like Train Sim World. It is amazing how good you can get this sim to look with tweaking, hardware upgrades, etc.

I can only upload to a maximum size due to the pixel count. I will try to expand them larger, although the sharpness is lost when I do so. As you see the pics are as it looks on a 30" monitor. Run8 looks fantastic in 4K despite many other pics and videos which do not do it justice. Imagine what (V3) will look like when it is released.
    Last edited by Ezra; 04-21-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Default Random Cajon and Needles

These are some random pics in the Mojave and Needles Sub.

Single Player is totally doable in Run8 once you get familiar with the program while being creative with the AI.

I was dispatching at Barstow and working a switch job in Needles with the Arizona California Eastern interchange. I was doing this all at the same time. Just put the time in and it will all come together. Be patient, make mistakes, and have fun.

Insights: When you learn the tracks and yards you can "AI" road switchers successfully as well with turnouts because the AI won`t "split" the switches unless you personally drive the train through the points. Learn to use the external view with Shift-F12, then "E and "Q"" and fly down the tracks (while holding "Shift" or "CTRL") coupled with the W,A,S,D keys.

If you want to ride an AI train while dispatching, just use F11 (close to the front steps) and you will jump aboard. Use Shift-F11 to move to different stations. Then go dispatch for awhile.

Some Additional Notes: Ignore those who lament single player and dispatch cannot be done. It is your sandbox and it gets easier with time. Just be selective and focus in on a small region. Use the AI to run bridge traffic on the dual trackage ( e.g. Silligman to Fresno, or L.A.) for added immersion. This way you will always have random traffic keeping you company.

If you have issues with AI stalls or incorrect routing, delete them (with two simple clicks) and re-spawn whenever you want while focusing on your industries etc. Don`t sweat the mistakes. It`s taken me years to learn Run8 and run with confidence.

Furthermore, save your world often.

Tip: Try setting the clock two hours after sunrise or a few hours before sunset. Don`t be afraid to "freeze" time as well, now and again, to hold the aformentioned lighting. Everything looks better this way in the desert.

Cheers
    Last edited by Ezra; 04-23-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Very nice shots. Texture and shadows seem greatly improved.
    Interested in all Train-Sims