Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: RMD West Download

You should release what you have, Gerry, they could be just what we need.

Colleagues,

The route was created by Lukas Lussar by combining my RMD-4 with a never released RMD-3 that I created
    just for Lukas (so track joins would match, etc.). After Lukas sorta disappeared for a year or so, I released
    the route as-is, but I did not check those activities either - activities aren't my thing. I create the routes for
    historical preservation and others can do as they wish. If anyone has created usable versions, such as
    Gerry, I would suggest that they be released, perhaps with the caveat "use at your own risk" or some such.
    When I release my own routes, I provide paths, but nothing else because I know I have a variety of
    rolling stock from several payware routes that others probably do not have.

My next release will be the MCOA2 which is coming along well, but has a lot of detail in the Seattle-
    Tacoma area, much of which is not really railroad related, but has to be there to provide proper
    "eye candy". There are MANY industries that are/were railroad served, so others may have the
    equivalent of a drunken orgy creating activities.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

"The route was created by Lukas Lussar by combining my RMD-4 with a never released RMD-3 that I created
    just for Lukas (so track joins would match, etc."

There is an activity in the F/L that specifies RMD-4, but given what you wrote, RMD-4 is part of the RMD-West, correct? The activity is
    MSTS Activity--Milwaukee Rd RMD4
    by
    Bruce Kennewell
    . Do you think this act would work using the RMD-West Paths-etc?

I don't know. Probably not because once the track files are updated, or world files, activities
    generally won't work unless you open the activity and fix any broken paths etc. that appear.
    Once that is done, it should work, but will probably be limited to the area west of Alberton
    unless the start point is changed.

J. H. Sullivan