Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATWell_Ocean_Set25, 45-40 container height issue

Default ATWell_Ocean_Set25, 45-40 container height issue

Hi,

If Andrew Tucker Wells is around could I talk to you about the height of one of the containers in your ATWells_Ocean_Set25 set.

In set ATW_BRAN_4505 there is a set of containers called 45-40_APL1.s and it appears that the top 45' container is too low. It looks like it's 8' 6" high instead of 9' 6" high. It doesn't match up with the other high cube ones in the set.

If you get some time could you please take a look at this set ( I have this issue in another set as well) just to make sure it's not my old eyes playing tricks on me. Thank you.

regards Tom
    Last edited by TGM; 08-25-2016 at 05:40 PM.

The 40 ft below it is probably a 8' 6", so it will look lower. Pretty much every possible combination of container and height was done in those FA sets.

Steve

Indeed, containers in the real world are not matching heights. Domestic containers are taller, international are shorter.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Indeed, containers in the real world are not matching heights. Domestic containers are taller, international are shorter.
    Christopher
    As Chris says, a quick Google "Image" search (shipping container dimensions) brings up loads of dimensions charts from Container Companies and quite a lot of useful detail on types.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Try this .I stumbled across this about a year ago alot of info. http://www.matts-place.com/intermoda...ontainers1.htm

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Here is a screen capture below that shows what I mean. On the right we have : on the bottom right a 40' container that matches the height of the bottom 45' container on the left, which is 9' 6" in height. On the top right we have the 45' container which should also be 9' 6".
    Now clearly, the right top 45' container does not match the height of top white container on the left. The top white one on the left does match the height of the bottom 45' container at 9' 6". I hope that all made sense. :-)

regards Tom

http://s397.photobucket.com/user/nz_kiwi/slideshow/
    Last edited by TGM; 08-03-2016 at 03:33 PM.

It is only 9'6" high if it is a hicube container, and then it should also carry yellow/black markings on the top corners as well.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

To me, it just looks like a different size container. I don't know enough about containers to know if that particular APL container matches one of larger dimensions, but it looks plausible.
    Christopher

That top 45 ft APL probably should be 9' 6".

Hi guys,

I did some more checking and it looks like all of the bottom containers are 8' 6". There is a single stack unit with two 20' containers which are suppose to be 8' 6" in height. I measured these ones against the bottom 40' and 45' containers and they are the same height. The only two containers that appear to be 9' 6" are the two top white APL ones. All the blue 45' ones (top & bottom) are not the correct height.

regards Tom