Thread: Indian Addons

Default Indian Addons

Does anybody but me think that Indian users are spamming Indian Addons? I somewhat feel like we need to make a separate website for those if they are gonna overflow, plus it has been ongoing since 2013

This is a Trainsim site which means international content. It happens that our Indian friends are making more content than the rest of us combined right now.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Exactly what baldwin states above.
    By your definition, 2013 and prior, North America was "spamming" the rest of the globe. ( I think your use of the term spamming is a bit skewed)
    Those were the days, and look to be gone, at least for the time being.
    I am envious of all the new Indian content being released, though don't use any of it. They really have some great team efforts, and a lot of individuals pumping out tons for their homeland railroading.
    Last edited by qballbandit; 07-23-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Indeed, as above stated. I'll admit, I used to be on the 'SCREW INDIAN ADDONS, THEY'RE TAKING OVER!!!" Bandwagon, but I found out quickly just how wrong I was.

The developers for the Indian content have been nothing but nice and helpful when asking questions about the addon they made, and further more? These have opened me to a whole new side of railroading. Truthfully, before the Indian stuff I primarily just ran US, and European stuff.

Through these addons, after the day I decided 'screw it, let's just see if this is any good', I have learned about a whole new country of railroading, and a new, almost I'd say style and face of it. Addons led to me looking things up online, studying about the Indian Rail system and it certainly blew my mind how expansive their network is!

So I'd say don't dislike it just because it's popular, after all. North American stuff has been so extensively done, that there isn't a ton left to do in comparison in the grand scheme, and most folks don't tackle routes. Thanks to the Indian route makers, and hats off to being able to seemingly crank out multiple routes so fast and well done!
    Last edited by Komachi; 07-23-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Adding final paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    This is a Trainsim site which means international content. It happens that our Indian friends are making more content than the rest of us combined right now.
    I know that, but the addons are being spammed like that's the only thing addable (if you know what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by ahat8923 View Post
    I know that, but the addons are being spammed like that's the only thing addable (if you know what I mean)
    Perhaps we don't know what you mean.
    • send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by ahat8923 View Post
    Hey ahat, why don't you spend more time building and sharing content to level the playing field, instead of complaining? Most of us that go back to the early 2000s learned from each other, and as others have stated, our Indian members are sharing another perspective and perhaps new modeling techniques.

Yes the Indian railways are quite fascinating, where else in this day and age can you find 18 coach trains being hauled by a noisy Alco belching out copious exhaust. Or narrow gauge lines (admittedly fewer due to gauge conversion) which are not just for tourists but work for a living. More so welcome in the world of simulation as India is probably not a country many of us would visit (in my case due to dislike of hot spicy food) but we can enjoy a replica on our PC's.

I wish our Indian friends would also expand beyond MSTS and start developing for Trainz and TS20xx, too.

Anyone with doubts over the Indian scene should pay a visit to the IRCFA site ( http://www.irfca.org/ ) and read some of the Trip Reports. These are articulate, well written often with a dry wit and humour - e.g. the articles by Mohan Bhuyan regarding his narrow gauge journeys will have you reaching for a large scale map to see where these places are to further soak up the atmosphere.
    Vern.