Thread: openrails timetable mode crashes

Default openrails timetable mode crashes

Hi guys,

I tried to create a timetable for OR to add some traffic to my routes. I followed a tutorial (found in "documents" in the OR menu) step by step but when I choose the timetable I want to play, the info on the right say my consist is missing, and when I try to play it crashes while loading and I get this error "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException". Can someone help me make the game start?

Thanks in advance.

If it says your consist is missing that means it is unable to locate a consist allocated to the service. A crash is then inevitable. This points to a possible error in your timetable construct.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

So it doesn't look for the consist in the \trains\consist folder? Do I have to move the consist anywhere else?

All consists should be in the consists folder. If timetable mode says that the player consist is missing, either it is not named properly in the timetable, not allocated to a timetable slot, or just does not exist in the consists folder
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Here is the troubleshooting scheme

1. Find the name of the consist. Any error messages may contain the name of the consist. OR the service file in question will have the consist name: (see red in service file example)
    Service_Definition (
    Serial ( 2 )
    Name ( "AI Eastbound Coal (ACT1)" )
    Train_Config ( "AI Coal LD (Helpers)" )
    PathID ( "AI Eastbound Coal ACT1" )
    MaxWheelAcceleration ( 0 )
    Efficiency ( 0.3 )
    TimeTable (
    StartingSpeed ( 4.4704 )
    EndingSpeed ( 0 )
    StartInWorld ( 0 )
    EndInWorld ( 0 )
    )
    )

2. When you know the name of the consist, look for that name in your Consists folder. Make sure the consist file name, consist name, and the train config line in the service file ALL have the exact same name. Names with spaces need quote "..." marks around them.

IF you cannot find the consist in your CONSISTS folder then it is missing and will have to be made up using a program designed to do that...
    ConBuilder is great, RouteRiter and the AE in the MSTS toolset can also be used, although I do not use Yardmaster, I assume it can also make up a consist.

All of the above assumes you have not made an error when constructing the timetable. I suppose it is also possible the service file is misnamed.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 08-02-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

R.steele, i guess you found my problem. When I created the timetable I had to choose my consist in the list of all consists I have, but my consist name has a space in it. I'll put the "s and see if it works. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by birdo View Post
    R.steele, i guess you found my problem. When I created the timetable I had to choose my consist in the list of all consists I have, but my consist name has a space in it. I'll put the "s and see if it works. Thank you!
    I'm glad you found the problem (maybe?) but all I did was add some details to the explanation already provided by Vince ... "either it is not named properly in the timetable, not allocated to a timetable slot,..."

Improperly named consists, for that matter, any file with improper names can cause a lot of problems when using msts files.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.