Thread: ORTS X.Testing Version Updates

Default ORTS X.Testing Version Updates

Can ORTS please stop downloading files which have not changed ?

Having spent some time replacing its CLOUDS01.png Clear sky with a clouds one, ORTS not having an option for choosing a Clouds one, every X-Update overwrites it and I have to restore my version again !

Last edited by OTTODAD; 08-05-2016 at 03:38 PM.

At first, i was having the same thoughts. But now, i just make a backup of the files i need, it takes seconds to do. I too have a different cloud and skydome PNG. After so many times of OR overwriting my own, i just let OR do the updates then restore my own files. I even have a edited version of the track monitor to only show the signals as static symbols with distance, as in TS2016.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand101 View Post
    At first, i was having the same thoughts. But now, i just make a backup of the files i need, it takes seconds to do. I too have a different cloud and skydome PNG. After so many times of OR overwriting my own, i just let OR do the updates then restore my own files. I even have a edited version of the track monitor to only show the signals as static symbols with distance, as in TS2016.
    Yes, that's what I have decided to do now too and Backed-Up the entire ORTS folder, just in case I customize it again, not expecting this to happen !

Ya, I have a subfolder in the Content folder called "clouds", and I rename whichever I want to use prior to my ORTS session. PITA, but no way around it for now.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Hey Otto:

Know how you made the Tracks Changer? Maybe you could make a "Clouds Changer" where you click on a .bat and it changes out the default clouds for some of the more dramatic ones?

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    Hey Otto, know how you made the Tracks Changer? Maybe you could make a "Clouds Changer" where you click on a .bat and it changes out the default clouds for some of the more dramatic ones?
    Good thinking, batman ! My brain is getting older !