Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam - Railworks Updates

Hi Dave !

Going online to Microsoft Edge all it shows is that it is for WIN-10 !

I am still using WIN-7 Pro for as long as it works !

I am using CHROME in it, which lets me Bookmark all my frequently used web sites and stores their log-in user IDs and passwords.

All I have to do is click on one of the bookmarks in its top bar and the relating to it web site displays, showing "Logged In".

Could not be easier !

Take care, Otto

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Hopefully it will download in the background while playing Doom!
    You're not playing T:ANE again are ya, Vern, rumour has it they built the latest version of Trainz on the Doom(ed) engine......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Meanwhile, I use BING - it's considerably faster than Google and far less commercialized, and not in the business of selling my information to the entire world...yet.
    For whatever it's worth.

http://classroom.synonym.com/bing-tr...hes-15666.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/29869...vertisers.html

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    You're not playing T:ANE again are ya, Vern, rumour has it they built the latest version of Trainz on the Doom(ed) engine......

Cheerz. Steve.
    If N3V had access to the Doom graphics engine...

At the moment I'm actually attempting something in MSTS just for old times sake!
    Vern.

Smile Chrome Shines (if you polish it)

Hi Otto,
    Chrome is quite nice. Since I like to peek at the news to catch-up on the latest President Trump proclamations I also watch TV on the PC. Too lazy to go to the real TV just to take a peek. I find that Chrome is really smooth. They do not use the Adobe Flash for video and instead use their own code. That Edge thing is nasty. Another attempt to manage the customer. I use Windows 10 because it was free. Even did the beta testing thing. It is ok but the builtin mail thing is horrible. They want you to use Outlook (with adverts).

I wonder if RW will receive less attention as DoveyTail tries to make their own flight simulator. They ought to give Jackson a Quango and maybe someone could improve RW.

Yeah it is tough on us old folk. When you were younger there were cures. Ain't none for the elderly.

PS or is it BS: Anyhow just finished up Midsomer Murders.

Regards,
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Hi Dave !

Going online to Microsoft Edge all it shows is that it is for WIN-10 !

I am still using WIN-7 Pro for as long as it works !

I am using CHROME in it, which lets me Bookmark all my frequently used web sites and stores their log-in user IDs and passwords.

All I have to do is click on one of the bookmarks in its top bar and the relating to it web site displays, showing "Logged In".

Could not be easier !

Take care, Otto
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Hi Dick !

I use the U.K. Edition of the Google News when running Chrome, which also securely stores the passwords of the most frequent used by me web sites which ask for them:

https://news.google.co.uk/

It is updated frequently with the latest news, the newspapers not doing so until the next day, after having been printed during the night !

It is all about making money by hook or crook, most already making plenty !

Take care, Otto.

I have several news outlets on my Yahoo home page which is very customizable. BBC is further down.

7816-010.jpg
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Following my comments on the subject in this thread, I had another 131167 KB update from them today, I did not want downloading at that time, inconveniently delaying W.I.P on the T9-Orient Express to find out why its rolling stock has some textures problems !

But this time it let me cancel the download and disconnecting my WIN-7 Pro from the Internet it let me run TS-2016 off-line !

So somebody at Steam or DTG has acted on my comment !

Thanks whoever !

Complains about bugs and errors in TS.
    Complains when bugs get fixed.

There's just no pleasing some people...

Don't let these people bug you Otto.
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV