Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Fictional Railroads 7

These were freshly painted... twenty minutes before I took the screenshots.

Paul :-)

Paul, if you extended to Yarmouth, that means I would need more motive power! Currently the K&E owns five GP35's and is leasing eight locomotives, six GP38-2's and two GP40's.

Now, the road freight between Kentville and Windsor Jct is nocturnal, and typically can make the interchange with Canadian National before 11pm. The crew calls on duty at 6pm at the freight office, gets their engines prepped, and their massive (less than 20 cars normally) built. Yard Job has it blocked out correctly, just need to put the blocks together.

In this pictures, we captured the train at Windsor, making a pick up of cars here, a brake test, and heading out by 8pm.

GMTX GP38-2 #2644 leads the way, with GMTX GP38-2 #2666, KERC GP35 #209, and #214.

After arriving into Windsor Jct just a little after 9pm, the crew swaps locomotive ends, and returns back to the station, to patiently wait for CN to show up at 9:45-10pm.

Once CN gets in, the K&E crew can couple onto their train, brake test, double check the weigh bills and paper work, and head out, before 11pm, back to Windsor by 12am-12:30am, and back into Kentville by 2, maybe 3am.
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System

That will change sometime after the Yarmouth Sib is completed. I plan to finish the Truro Sub, another 40 miles north from where I ended it north of Brooklyn. Then about half you freight with be interchanged at Truro and the other half at Windsor Junction.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    That will change sometime after the Yarmouth Sib is completed. I plan to finish the Truro Sub, another 40 miles north from where I ended it north of Brooklyn. Then about half you freight with be interchanged at Truro and the other half at Windsor Junction.

All is excellent news. I'm really enjoying this, we've hired a contractor to do the paint work on the five GP35's K&E owns. With the extension of the Truro Sub and Yarmouth Sub, I could have so much more opportunities with interchange, freight, etc. Would be helpful too considering at the moment Windsor Jct can only handle 3000' of train, which is about 45 cars, depending on the length. Plus that means we could have grain/feed, fuel, paper, farm equipment, etc come in from different stations, as well as sending out fertilizer, lumber, etc to different stations.

At the moment we have a few trains.

AYKE/KEAY train, which uses two locomotives, and mainly is a local job type deal between Kentville and Annapolis Royal. Currently a Monday-Wednesday-Friday train.

KEWJ/WJKE train, which uses anywhere between two to four locomotives, and sometimes will switch customers as needed along the way.
    Operates Monday through Friday.

KEWI/WIKE, this is mainly an extra and runs as needed for the local businesses, though seems there isn't many, the KEWJ/WJKE typically takes care of them. This train will use one to two engines.

HAMC/MCHA, this is the Gypsum train from Hantsport to Miller Creek, and used two locomotives. Operates Monday through Friday.

AYSW, this switcher doesn't see much action, only two customers in Annapolis Royal, but it's great help to the AYKE/KEAY train to get in and get out quickly.

KESW, switcher that operates out of Kentville Yard, switching the customers in and around the yard, including J.D. Iriving, Paper Box Co., Valley Fertilizer, Purina Feeds, Cyanmid, Superior Propane, and a few others.

WISW, switcher that operates out of Windsor Yard, switching the customers in and around the yard, including Domtar, Imperial Oil, J.D. Irving, Windsor Feed Supply, and Avon Valley Feeds. Will sometimes run out to Brooklyn to swap out lumber cars or woodchip cars as needed.

With 13 locomotives total, that gives 11, with two extra as needed for the KEWI/WIKE train. Once you add more tracks Paul, I will have to either lease more locomotives, or buy more.

Anyways, enough of my rantings, here is WISW working the feed mill.

KEWJ freight heading out of Kentville around 1700 today. GMTX GP38-2 #2666 leads the way, with sister unit 2644 and a pair of GP16's. The GP16's will be used on the Truro Sub, and will be dropped off along with 23 cars bound for Truro.

Just dropped off four cars at the feed mill in New Minas. No drops for Hostess, but that will be for tomorrow's Kentville-Hantsport local.

CanTran 105 sits in Beaverton station. In 15 mins this set will turn as 106 heading back to Toronto.

CPW 9251, a freshly painted OLS unit leads Q-103-19 up the CSRL.

Bigger. Louder. More teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaFe801 View Post
    CPW 9251, a freshly painted OLS unit leads Q-103-19 up the CSRL.
    Scrumptious Dash 9s.

CanTran F40PH-2D 801 (ex VIA 6414) and F59PHI 704 take the 103 train up to Bloomington Road.

A pair of recently purchased GP38-3's are debuted in the new K&E paint scheme, a design inspired by the old Iron Roads system. 3801 and 3802 lead a local between Kentville and Hantsport. The GP16's and GP35's will get this same scheme, and be numbered 1601, 1602, 3501-3505. There is a possibility of purchasing three more GP38's/-2's as well, to be rebuilt into the -3 standards.

Switching Thatcher with an S2/4 combo today.

Maxwell Brisben
    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works
    Photographer at Hollow View Photography
    Texture Artist at BLW Productions/Zosa Trains