Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lirr public beta almost ready

Exclamation Lirr public beta almost ready

+ I am in the process of getting a public beta of the Long Island Rail Road. I have the route down to about 700MB and note that this IS smaller than the largest d/l in the Library.
    + The route will install to a folder of your choice on your machine configured as an Open Rails Mini Route.
    + All rolling stock is included and there is no requirement for default routes to be installed as it was with the NECv4.
    + Route has about 500 fully detailed track miles installed.
    + You may try to run under MSTS but the installed version only has the required files to run under Open Rails.
    If you want to try running under MSTS I wish you success. If you try it should go in a Mini-MSTS configuration with only the rolling stock, global, sound & Train/Consist supplied. Any way other I have never tried.
    Should be a few more days to get it ready. I'm fixing the freight activities now.
    + Here is a route map track installed all with high detail scenery except that line running north over Hellgate.
    LIRR_PUB_BETA 08-20-2016 .jpg
    regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 08-19-2016 at 02:51 AM. Reason: fixed invalid attachment
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Looking forward to it, Vince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince;

The attachment shows as an invalid attachment, notify administrator
    Last edited by Dispatcher; 08-18-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Hi Vince,

Same here, invalid link. Gotta see what separates yours from mine. I'm 500 meters into (and under) the Hudson from the Weehawken Airshaft.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

VERY much looking forward to this!
    Thank you for sharing all your creative efforts.
    Christopher

Thanks all for comments. Fixed what I thought would be an easy freight activity and got nutzoid with reverse points. I finally did get the point and all is well. The activity Central Pickups runs to completion in Autopilot Mode with a 45 minute run. I can't compete with that becuz autopilot cheats, runs engine faster than I can but no complaints here; It makes activity creation a dream! Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by drelyea View Post
    Hi Vince, Same here, invalid link. Gotta see what separates yours from mine. I'm 500 meters into (and under) the Hudson from the Weehawken Airshaft. Doug Relyea
    Ohhh nice! The LIRR west end out of NY Penn is about the NY-NJ line under the Hudson
    The map is OR TrackView. Grid are Tiles. and . . .
    I think I fixed the missing track map. Try again. The flippin' upload went missing . . .probably me forgetting to press the DONE button and as it says, this will result in deletion . . .

thnx and regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 08-19-2016 at 02:59 AM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks, Vince.
    Looking forward to running this.

Robert

Hi Vince,

Yes, that is cool. It would take Goku's RE and an RE select to merge the routes, I'm still in the MSTS RE and working a balancing act with the 32,768 track nodes.

I probably won't do it, at least right away. With the Tristate Period in the 1920's, once I do jump over to Goku's RE, I am more inclined to lay the Interurban-Traction lines that linked Weehawken-Hoboken-Jersey City to Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. Path went by way of Phillipsburg-Easton, Allentown, and Hazelton, at least until the Depression. The Allentown Hazelton Wilkes-Barre section went over the ridges and mountains at high elevation gaps, rather than thru the ridges, so those should be some spectacular views for traction lines.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

Hi Vince,

Really looking forward to this. Long neglected and interesting RR.

Looking at the Track Diagram I struggled initially to work out what was included using the current MTA map but then found this older map
    http://www.lirrhistory.com/jan99/1938map.jpg
    ......which immediately looks pretty much like the track diagram.

My questions are what era is it set in? IMO the more track the better (historically/era accurate or not .....because you can't run earlier era stock on rails that aren't there! ) just to silence rivet counters . This is even more an issue with UK routes so I'd confess that it's "a bee in my bonnet" LOL!

Also what era is the included stock?

Also as the track diagram lacks names I'm taking it that the Northernmost is Port Washington? East are Mineola and Hempstead? and SE is Long Beach?

Finally did you tweak the stock for OR?

Sorry that's a bit of a list but that's because I've been watching this with interest since you announced it

PS
    Just found these other maps http://www.lirrhistory.com/maps.html
    Last edited by lateagain; 08-19-2016 at 06:27 AM.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I want to tell you that your previous interesting posts about this route motivated me to go out and buy two Morning Sun LIRR books and a A&R video to learn more about it. So not only am I saying I'm interested, but I've done something about it.
    Christopher